Chapter 3

The day went by pretty slowly after that. We spent the rest of the talking crap and playing truth or dare on Hyo’s iPhone. It was Thani’s turn when she chose dare and the iPhone randomly selected one.

“Alright, you have to go out and shout ‘I am Gandalf and you shall not pass’,” Hyo told her. We all chuckled at this but Thani wasn’t fazed. She got up and went by the physics lab windows close to where other students were buying lunch outside.

“I AM GANDALF AND YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” She shouted. Many of the khakis and grey and whites outside looked at her as if she were going crazy and the rest of us were killing ourselves with laughter.

Later at lunch, we got food from Mr. Adams which we order every day. Hyo opened his container with pie and fish and his face dropped.

“One fucking fish again?” He asked. “They’re pissing me off with this.” Our friend Lopez opened his container and Hyo saw that he was the only one with two fish. “How the hell do you always get two fish? It’s because your Trinidadian isn’t it.” All Lopez did was laugh.

After we ate our lunch, and Lopez shoveled his, we played COD on our laptops until school was done.

“Well that was an anti-climatic end to a day…” Hyo stated.

“I agree,” Bob stated. “Where’re the drinks?”

“Well the day's not done yet,” Jaki said. “Remember the meeting?

“You’re actually going to that?” D’mitri asked. Jaki shook his head.

“No but my dad’s not coming for me until it’s over,” He said.

“Same here with my mom,” I replied.

“Alright! So I guess it’s a school night party,” Bob said.

“With what drinks?” Nianny asked curiously.

“Let me worry about that,” Bob said. “Lopez, D’mitri lewwe go.” They said goodbye and left in Lopez’s jeep.

“So what are you guys gonna do?” I asked Hyo.

“I guess we’ll stay in the lab until they get back,” He stated. Nianny and Rayne nodded and followed him to the lab. Quin and Babs did the same.

“Where’s Rasa and Jamie?” Jaki asked.

“I don’t think they left the lab,” I told him. “And I think Christas and Ria are there as well.”

“Well, time to find somewhere else to go,” Jaki stated. I laughed and we headed toward the gym underneath the pavilion.

When we got there, one of the PE teachers was about to lock up. She saw us approaching and stopped.

“Hey, we just wanted to do a little training before we leave,” Jaki told her. She looked at both of us and tossed him the keys.

“Just lock up when you’re done,” She stated. She then grabbed her stuff and walked away. Me and Jaki entered the gym and went into the back where the sparring area was.

The school used to have a Tae Kwan Do team a few years back so the room was built for them. But after their instructor retired, the team just disbanded leaving this room untouched for a few years. So Jacki and I  took the opportunity.

“When’s the last time you got some training in?” Jaki asked me. I thought back. It had been a while since I stepped foot in my Karate class.

“A while…” I told him. He smirked and tossed me a pair of nun chucks which were on the table.