Chapter 2

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times… well not for us since we were the ones with the water balloons. It was a joy to see the khakis scrambling in fear at the sight of us and we took every opportunity we found as Hyo pointed out the targets to us.

“Khaki behind the bush in front of the deputy’s office,” Hyo called. SPLASH!

“Got him,” Bob stated. We continued walking around the canteen and toward the art room area.

“Another two behind Mr. Big’s car,” Hyo stated. Jaki and I threw our balloons and the cry of surprised told us that we hit our targets.

This went on for about 5 minutes and we walked onto the pasture toward the pavilion. We were laughing at the number of drenched khakis we left behind until we looked ahead and saw a crowd of khakis with super soakers facing us.

“Um… oh shit?” Bob asked. We all nodded.

“OH SHIT!” We exclaimed as they ran toward us.

We sprinted back toward the art room area but saw more khakis coming from that direction so we quickly changed target and ran toward our physics lab. A few khakis got close but they were silenced by the remaining balloons we had. We quickly ran into the room and shut the door.

“Who would’ve thought we’d be forced to retreat by KHAKIS!” Hyo exclaimed.

“Yeah, I guess we didn’t take into account the fact that this is the last week of school and they may very well have weapons of their own.” I said.

“You guys having khaki problems?” A voice behind us asked. We turned around and saw Mr. Adams (our physics teacher), Mr. Myers (our math teacher), Rasa aka Gramps and Jamie aka Fro.

“Yeah, they’re like ants,” D’mitri stated.

“Sounds like you guys need a hand,” Mr. Adams said. He opened a cabinet in the lab. “I’ve been saving these for just such an occasion.” He then took out a bag of super soakers and all of our eyes lit up. “They’re all yours on one condition.”

“Which is?” I asked. Both teachers strapped on super soakers.

“You let us help you,” Mr. Myers said.

There you have it. The two coolest teachers in the school. Against khakis as much as we were. This day was getting a lot more interesting. I smiled and all of us burst through the door soaking every bit of brown we came across.

After a while of backing the khakis back toward the school area, I noticed Bob, D’mitri and Hyo were no longer with us.

“Where’d they go?” I asked tossing a water balloon at a khaki who jump out of the bush. Jamie pointed to the top floor of the building. I looked up and saw Bob peeking around the corner from a classroom. He then motioned to someone and D’mitri and Hyo came out of the room rolling a big pink ball.

“Wait a minute… that’s?” I exclaimed.

“Yep!” Mr. Myers stated. “The biggest water balloon in creation!” I stared in awe as they combined their strengths to lift it up above the railing. I then looked down at their target, a large group of khakis huddled in front of the Deputy Principal’s office. Bob Smirked and then rolled the balloon off of the railing. The resounding splash erupting from the balloon was so great that cars on the road stopped to find out what was going on as it felt like an earthquake.

“Ah… the last week of school… nothing gets better than this,” Bob said later in the physics lab when we were all just liming after our battle.