Bugs

" oh you, sorry I'm working out, can't talk." He stares at me, and lays down next to me. " well it looks like you have plenty of time." I look at him and roll my eyes, he smiles. " miss me that much?" I mumble to break the awful silence. He laughs and sits back up, I do the same and start picking the grass.
"Why are you out here this late anyway?" I question to start more conversation. " I could say the same for you!" I laugh and pick out blades of grass one by one. " Honestly, I'm trying to clear my head of your dumbass!" He smiles and moves closer to me, " you've been thinking of me?" He whispered into my neck. I stay quiet, trying not to say to much. The quiet was unbearable, then suddenly, threads of lightning started tracing the sky. " well guess that means we have to run!" He yelled and grabbed my hand, we both ran to my car and locked the doors behind us. Both of us soaked and hysterical, we started to calm down when I realized... " shit!" He looks at me with confusion, " I can't go back to my house! My mom would know that I left." I exclaim, banging my head on the wheel. "Are you that stupid? I live in a house too ya know?" He says with sarcasm in his voice. I think about the offer, I haven't been to his neighborhood since middle school. I agree to the condition of the weather, we start the car and drive to his suburban home. After about five minute of him giving me directions and the mesmerizing thunder booming through our ears. We drive up to his house. " my parents aren't going to be here until tomorrow so you can spend the night." I nod, " that's why you came so late. He just opens the door for me and bows down like I was some kind of royalty. I laugh and walk though, " everything is the same." I mumble through the shock of the  somehow nostalgic decor. He laughs and locks  the door behind him. We decide to make some pizza and pick out a movie, " what do you want to watch?" He says with a smile, that's when it kicked in, I'm having to spend a night with him.
" oh god!"