Him

It was was the last practice before our first game this season. Coach ran drills on us till we passed out. when we were finally done, we all ran to the locker room like a heard of buffalo. It usually takes me a while to get all of my gear off, And today it felt like the longest two minutes of my life. When I finished, I decided that I would walk to the near by diner. Which was one of the worst decisions I've made today. Though the walk was only ten minutes, it seemed like weeks due to the constant burning left from football. After mentally complaining way too much, I got to the diner. " Hey Liam!" I heard almost milliseconds after my first step into the restaurant. " welcome to nanas!" I look up to see a girl from school, Jenna specifically. I smile at her in response, " you can sit wherever you want!" I nodded and did so. after about five minutes past. He came in, with at least three other girls following. Austin brewer and the girls from north. I couldn't help but laugh at the useless attempt of the the guy trying to get rid of the "fan girls" as we like to call them. Out of every one in all three schools, the north quarterback should know better. Every girl seems to fall into his arms. out of nowhere, Austin shot his head towards my direction, and smiles . I was in a state of shock and disgust at the fact that his face glimmered with some sort of adornment. I rolled my eyes and shifted my attention back to my phone. " hey babe!" I hear from the opposite side of my table. I look up to find who else besides Austin. I was about to ask what the fuck he just said, until I saw him mouth the words help me. I was confused, I look behind him to see all the girls standing in his footsteps with wide smiles. At this point it all clicks and I decide to play along. " hey baby! Come sit with me!" He smiles and l almost get filled with joy. He sits down way to close to me and puts his arm around my shoulder to emphasize that we were "dating." The girls faces dropped in utter sadness. I almost felt bad for them, they all left and drove off soon enough. " hey sorry about that," he says with a small sort of giggle. " what was that about?" I ask, his expression was filled with embarrassment. " the girls wouldn't leave me alone, and you were the only person I saw that I remembered from middle school, and..." my mind drifted to the thought of middle school. Fake dating, fake friends, and fake people in general, including Austin. To give some back story, me and Austin use to be some type of best friends. I started to develop a crush on him in seventh grade. Now don't start thinking that he left after I told him. I would never have the balls to tell him. And now I never have to, thanks too high school and stereotypes. " what will the kids at your school say about your "boyfriend"?" I tease, " at least I don't have to come out myself." He jokes back with a sweet grin.