Exploring the woods

We all grabbed our bags and headed out to the woods that surrounded the school.

"Is this a good idea?" Quietfox asked and glanced at Bluebody who led us. Waywind laughed with excitement.

"Who cares? There were no rules," she responded with and we dove headfirst into the woods. We slowed down and looked around. It was beautiful.

The trees were taller than the ones I had ever seen near my house. Bluebody smiled and we all walked deeper. Saltycat seemed tense and kept his hand near his gun. I saw a tall tree and decided to try something.

I grabbed my whip and used it to grab a branch.

"Guys. I'm going up," I said and pulled myself into the air. I grabbed the branch and perched on it. Quietfox looked up and smiled slightly at me. She used her tablet to take a picture, which I smirked for, and kept it out.

Those four stayed on the ground and walked forward as I used the branches to my advantage. From up here I could really tell the height differences between my squad.

Bluebody was taller than everyone, by at least a few inches. Maybe that's why we tended to follow him. He always kept his back straight which kept his height even.

Saltycat was another taller one. Bluebody was only two or so inches taller than our white member. Saltycat remained slightly slouched back so it was harder to get an accurate comparison.

I stood about even with Waywind, but I was only a few inches shorter than her. She walked with confidence and her boots had more of a heel to them. So I was a little shorter.

Quietfox was definitely the shortest. No doubt about it. Her ears added an inch or two but not much. Her ears made her my height. She stood tall as possible but she was tiny.

I jumped across a branch when they paused. I looked down at them and Waywind met my eyes.

"What's the problem?" I called down. I see them draw their weapons and I tensed. "Guys?"

"Stay up there. Quietfox heard something," Bluebody called up. I frowned and nodded to them.

"Want me to check it out?"

"Go for it. Turn your com on so we can hear through ours," he called up. I nodded to him and moved towards the area that Saltycat signaled to.

I crept across the branches and flipped my com on. I managed to see a figure. He was lime but I couldn't see more than that. I could've sworn I recognized that voice though.

"I'm just saying. We need to take him down," I heard. He talked with someone quietly so I couldn't really hear them. They wanted to take someone down. That's all I heard as they walked away. They went further into the woods and I heard Waywind in my com.

"Come back. Let's go to the dorm. We need to talk about it," she said. I headed back and we all went to the dorm. We sat down at the kitchen table and looked at each other.

"We need to tell someone," Quietfox said as she typed on her tablet. I see Saltycat shake his head.

"We can't. We have no proof nor a name,"

"He's right. All we have is a suit color and a gender," I say. Waywind thought for a moment before opening a note app on her tablet.

"Then let's take a closer look. Who wears a lime suit. Let's start there,"

"Supernova and Lizard. Problem, both girls," Bluebody said. I was impressed that he remembered those names and colors.

"What about teachers?" I asked. We all thought for a moment and continued.

"Koji and Ellum about half the time, and Aipha almost constantly." Bluebody said with a shrug. We all had our tablets out and we looked at each other with worry.

"But Koji and Ellum are too nice. Aipha has almost no beef with anyone," Waywind told us. She hummed a second before another voice spoke up.

"Except Steve Suptic, although it's more for show," Saltycat said with a scoff

"Alright. But Aiphas the main suspect right?" Quietfox asked. I nodded and frowned.

"But we can't just go to the teachers and say that," I said and we all groaned. "We need to eat and then continue on tomorrow. After classes," I said and grabbed my stuff. I dropped onto my bed after hanging up my whip.

I put my helmet in my closet and plugged in my tablet. I fell onto my back and closed my eyes for a minute. This is gonna be a pain.