4/5

We split quickly into solo training with our mentors.

"Alright. Since we don't know much about your shockwave ability-" he started but I cut him off.

"I don't think I can do it. It happened because I flatlined. You know this," I said. He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I know. But I have a feeling you can control it. Start small," he said. I nodded. I put my hands out in front of me and 5up stepped behind me.

I started to focus hard. A small blast came from my hands and made a tree sway. It popped back up and I sighed.

"That was good. Remember not to push yourself to hard," he said. He pressed his finger to his com and looked at me. "Meet up with your squad. I have to go," he said and left.

I made my way back to my dorm and met up with Quietfox and BurningEmber.

"Hey!" She said and I smiled in greeting.

"I wonder if the others have powers to?" BurningEmber asked. I shrugged and looked over as the other two walked up.

Saltycat wore a small smile. One that meant he probably had powers.

Waywind looked disappointed. My guess is that she didn't find powers.

"I have super strength!" Saltycat said as he walked over. Nobody else brought it up as we headed inside.

We sat down in the living room and avoided the topic of powers. Waywind finally spoke.

"Guys, it's fine. I don't have powers, I'm not upset though," she said. I saw right through it but didn't say anything.

We split up into our rooms but I grabbed Waywinds wrist.

"Waywind. You sure you're alright?"

"Alright? I feel left out. I'm the only one without powers. What if-"

"You'll find them. Sometimes it just takes a bit,"

"How do you know?"

"I have no idea, I just do," I responded. She nodded and left to go into her room. I watched her go, feeling bad