Chapter 21: Anniversary & Happy Ending

(A/N: back to my POV)

my POV:

Seven years later, Angelina, Chuck, and Justin are now 20, I'm 36 and Newt is 37. I realized it's been 20 years since I first came to the Glade and met the love of my life. I can't believe it's been that long, it felt like yesterday. Angelina and Justin have been dating since they were 13, also they just got engaged and me and Newt approved it. Justin got to meet the rest of the Gladers and they approved him of marrying our daughter. I start getting emotional.

"You alright, love?" Newt asks me in concern.

"Yeah, totally. It's just...I remember like it was yesterday she was just a little baby sleeping in my arms and yours. And I was singing her to sleep almost every night and now she's getting married. Like, where has our little girl gone?" I start sobbing happily. Newt chuckles and pulls me in for a hug.

"I know, right?" he replies with a smile as he rubs my back. He even tears up.

*time skip*

A few months later, Angelina and Justin get married and Gally even builds their own cabin and our daughter is now gone from ours.

I'm happy for her and Newt and I told her not to have children already cuz it'll make us feel old cuz we're still young, and she laughs at that.

Even though I hate that our daughter has left, but at least I still have my man. My Newt. My only source that makes me feel calm and feel loved.

THE END