Chapter 2: The Proposal

Before the sunsets have been arriving, I noticed Newt has been busy carving something and talking to his friends as if he was keeping a secret from me. I wonder what he's talking about and what he's making. Newt and I have been walking on the beach seeing the sunsets almost everyday and God who knew these days could get any better? Until one day changed our lives. We walked on the beach, watched the sunset, talked for a few minutes and then made out for like a minute. Suddenly he got something out of his pocket. He got down on one knee and held out something. A wooden ring with stones on it. Could this be...?

"Jacqui...ever since you've came to the Glade, I've never been happier or trusted anyone more than the others in my life. You have stolen my heart with your kindness, your singing, and how much you've changed from a shy and scared girl to a strong, badass fighter. Yet you still get emotional and sensitive very easily, but you can still fight. You even risked your life to sneak on the berg and then come after me to save me from becoming fully-Crank and killing Thomas and from killing myself. I couldn't believe how brave you've become. I'm very proud of you, Jacqui. And...I love you. My question to you is this. Jacqui...will you marry me...?" he asked me in his soothing voice and British accent. I couldn't believe this was happening. I felt tears fill up my eyes and I smile at this moment.

"Oh my God...Newt...yes. Yes! I will!" I say happily as tears stream down my cheeks. Newt smiles at my answer and slides the ring on my finger. I gotta say he worked really well on it. It looks perfect! We embrace tightly. He lifts me up and spins me 360° which I squeal and laugh. We kiss passionately. This was the happiest day of my life. I'm actually engaged to the former second-in-command. I'm about to become to his wife.

"We gotta tell the others!" I say excitedly.

"Yeah!" he agrees with me.

*time skip*

We ask Vince to gather everyone around so we can announce the big surprise. Everyone gathered around and looked at us eagerly, listening to what we have to say.

"Everyone, we have big news." Newt started off.

"What is it?" Sonya asks, feeling curious and excited at what we have to say.

"We're engaged!" I say excitedly.

Everyone looks at each other in shock and happiness. They start cheering. We start blushing. Our friends gather around us and pat us on the back and give us hugs, congratulating us.

"Wow, I'm so happy for you two! I'm so excited to have you as my sister-in-law!" Sonya says happily and hugs me and Newt. I chuckle at that comment.

"Congratulations, guys!" Thomas says happily and hugs us both.

"Congratulations to you both!" Brenda hugs us.

"Well, congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Newt." Minho teases us and congratulates us at the same time. I roll my eyes and Minho pats my back and then Newt's back.

"That's so cool!" Aris says with a smile and hugs us.

"So cute!" Harriet says excitedly and hugs only me since she doesn't really know Newt that much.

"Congrats, hermano, hermana." Jorge says and gives us hugs.

"Way to go, you both." Gally congratulates us but doesn't seem excited which I expected.

"Gally..." I roll my eyes and smile.

"Woo!!! I say we celebrate!" Frypan shouts excitedly and hugs us both.

"Yeah! I agree!!" I say!

We all celebrate by having some drinks, food, and some people play music and dance. Dang, did we have fun!