*S21*

Mukhtar's point of view

I park my car, letting out a heavy sigh before I placed my head on the steering wheel. My mind storming with thoughts when I suddenly remembered my little joy that is growing in sabeeha.

I smile weakly, lifting my head and leaned on the seat. My little joy will secure my position. I scoff at myself, at how desperate this country has changed me.

I was pulled back to reality when I saw sabeeha knocking the window hardly and impatiently. I opened the door so she could enter the car. She gets into the car, closing the door with a slam.

Her jaw was clenched and she tapped her foot uncontrollably. "Good morning to you too." I start, getting ready for whatever it is.

She stops tapping her feet, relaxing a bit. "What--"

"Why didn't you tell me you are getting married?" She turns to look at me. I knew she would find out, just not that soon.

"Sabeeha--"

"You betrayed me! We had plans and it was all what? A joke to you?! I love you and you do this to me?!" Her eyes tearing up.

"Was this all a joke to you? Is our baby a mistake? Miscalculation? Was I fling? Just something to toy around with?"

Tears uncontrollably running down her cheek with her hands on her chest, looking at me desperately to deny all of this. I take a deep breath, scratching my nose a bit.

"Our baby is a blessing and nobody can take that away. Its the light in my dark tunnel." I look at her tummy. "Me?"

She asks, her voice cracking. I look away, unable to see how she would react. "You're a friend."

She scoffs. "A friend? That's what I am, after all I've done for you. So what I said was true, you told me to tell Khalil so the heat wouldn't be on you. Child support will be off you."

I turn to look at her. "When it comes to my child, I love her. I will take care of him/her even if it takes everything from me." I defend myself.

"Then why did you tell me that I should tell Khalil?!"

"Because I want to use you." I spat as she freezes, her brows raised. "Use me?" I hang my head regretting said it that way.

She sits, looking through the windshield, at the apartment buildings. "You were using the feeling I had for you....you knew I have feelings for you and you used it against me."

I look at her, tears were still rolling down her face. "And you think after this, i would still keep this God forsaken baby?"

She turns to look into my eyes with so much anger. "You're not going to get rid of that baby, don't start something you can't finish." She chuckles. "Something i can't finish? Don't overestimate yourself."

Her words annoying me. "And don't underestimate me but unfortunately, its not me. Its Khalil, don't underestimate him just because he's blind. He's sick."

She rolls her eyes. "Khalil isn't dangerous and spare me the fanatics. You don't want me to abort the baby so you make Khalil dangerous."

I narrow my eyes. "I never knew you were delusional till now. You're not going to abort the baby, that's my problem. I warning you about Khalil and you think I'm joking, go ahead at your own risk but if something happens to my child, I wouldn't let it slide easily."

I warn her but she still takes it as a joke. "I wish I never met you, and to think that I fantasized marrying you, pathetic." She crossed her arms as I close my eyes to conceal the anger she's been stirring with her snide remarks.

"I thank god I never married you, Khalil is a patient man for living and taking all your nonsense. Now, get out of my car." She scoffs before getting out of the car, slamming the door.

I look at her as she walks away. Unbearable. I place my head on the steering wheel again with a groan.

Sabeeha's point of view.

I wipe my tears after crying for more than an hour. The heartbreak and betrayal is too much. I sniffle, blowing my nose with a tissue.

Someone knocks on the door, most probably Khalil. "Come in." I say my voice cracking a bit.

"I heard you sobbing, you okay?" He walks in with his stick. "I'm fine, I just feel emotional." I lie before he sat beside me, keeping his stick by his side.

"You're just emotional? There has to be something else." He leans out, placing his arm on his thigh so he could see my face well.

"I'm pregnant, hormones I guess." He nods slowly like he's thinking when I remembered what mukhtar said. I don't want to follow his advice but I'll have to be wary of Khalil.

"Makes sense, so what triggered this emotions?"

"My parents, I wish they were here." I lie again, trying to emotionally guilt trip him. He holds my hand in his. "They are in a better place, insha Allah. Don't worry and pray for them. That's the best thing you could ever do for them."

He says as i nod before he pulls me into his arms, caressing my arm.

Khalil is a patient man for living and taking all your nonsense.

Mukhtar's words repeats in my head, thinking about it. I know I am unbearable to live with when i don't like a person but Khalil still loves and cares for me.

Why don't I love him back? He cares a lot about me yet I don't. I could keep quiet about him not being the father and mukhtar could see the baby on the low.

Khalil doesn't have to know. "I love you Khalil." I raise my head to look at him as he smiles. "I love you too."

I pull away from his embrace, placing my hands on his jaw. I'll act like a wife. Be like a wife.

"I made a promise to you this morning." I kiss him before I sat on his lap. "Oh, yes. You did." He places his hands on my hips.

I swallow my pride and dignity. He's rich and flexible, Its not going to be bad. I smile, placing my arms around his neck.

"I did, let me fulfill it." I kiss him deeply.....it will all work out in my favor.

Vote

Follow

Comment