Alternate Chapter 15: Playoff Time!

She wasn't sure what was more nerve-wracking, having to deal with Rachel, Leo, and Jake, or her Mom and sister giving her a complete shakedown when she got home from it.

She got a boyfriend out of the first case, so she would probably go with her Mom and sister, considering the downright awful look her mother was giving her.

"Where the hell have you been?" Her mother demanded. She was wrapped in a robe she was sure her mother had since she was born. Her hair was tied up in a bun like usual but falling to one side of her head, as she had clearly been asleep on the couch. The angry sleepy face was making this whole situation just a little worse. "You were supposed to be home at 10."

She gave her Mom a brief recap of what happened. She told her Jake showed up, and there was a slight disagreement between the two of them. Things got heated, but nothing else. She had to stay and made sure things didn't get worst.

Technically, she wasn't lying. However, if her Mom found out what had really happened, she would send her to boarding school and be forced to go to the university in Summerbrough. She was never going to be out of her Mom's sight again.

Fully believing the story, her Mom just looked at her tiredly and told her not to do it again. As she walked up the stairs, she complained about how she isn't going to get enough sleep but content that both of her girls were home.

Her sister finished her dinner right as Rose told her she was going to head to bed.

"No fucking way you are leaving me yet." Alli hissed, grabbing her arm. "You 100% did not tell Mom everything."

"What?" Rose asked, trying to wiggle out of her sister's grip. She smelt terrible, as due to Alli telling her herself, she rolled around in garbage at the end of her shift. She also really didn't want to tell her sister the whole story. If she did, she was sure her sister would kill her, Leo, Jake, Rachel and get away with all of it.

"You are going to tell me what actually happened. Jake did not just randomly start a fight with Leo," Alli reiterated. "Talk."

"I did tell you! Leo called him a coward for leaving Summerbrough, and Jake called him a wannabe." Rose protested. It wasn't completely a lie.

"Rose, I know you are keeping something from me. Spill or I will sit on you." Alli threatened. She regarded her sister's food-stained pants and decided not to risk it.

So she told her everything. Everything from Jake kissing her and breaking her heart to fake dating Leo and how they ended up in the middle of this drama at the restaurant.

"You kissed two guys and dated one before even telling me?!" Alli asked, outraged. "I thought you could at least tell me! Then I have to hear that they are punching each other over you and...."

Rose frowned, chin wiggling because she was going to cry. Her sister was right. She didn't tell her anything, and now she might have screwed up her friendship with Leo completely on top of her sister being upset with her.

"I am sorry," Alli said when she saw Rose. She pulled her into the world's smelliest hug, but she was grateful for it. She was carrying the whole issue around by herself for a long time, and it felt good to finally talk about it to her sister. Yes, she may have told Leo, but Alli was different. She knew her better than anyone else besides her Mom. She would yell at her and criticize her, but she had legit advice at the end of the day and was willing to help no matter what. The longer she hugged her sister, the more regret she felt for not telling her sooner.

"I am sorry, I should have told you, but you were so busy with school and work-" Rose started, but Alli cut her off.

"Don't apologize. I should have been here more, and I haven't." Alli sighed and finally pulled away. She loved her sister, but her love was limited when she smelt that bad, oof.