Chapter 1

this story takes place right after Last Sacrifice, when Dimitri is going to Baia to finally tell his family that he is no longer dead. In the story some things happen that Rose isn't expecting-Good & Bad. I'm planning on having many chapters but at this point I don't have an exact amount. ENJOY !

I never actually thought that I would have to be the one comforting Dimitri, but here I am doing just that. "Babe, you don't need to be worried. They're your family and believe me when I say that they will be so excited that their once dead son is now alive!" Which all of this was true, they're was no reason for Dimitri to be nervous, at all. I mean when I was visiting the Belikov's during my trip to destory the beautiful man sitting in front of me, a trip taken in vain might I add, they were heartbroken once they learned the news. But, to the way they reacted to my sugesting Dimitri wasn't actually dead, they might have a hard time believing the truth.

"I know, but I can't help it." he replied. The flight from Montana to Russia was long, much too long for me. The only other time I had taken this route, I was looking for him. We were preparing to get off the plane in about ten minutes, so he just had to get over it. I mean, what ould he do now? He couldn't just come here and not see them, we've come too far to turn back, not that I wuld let him if he tried to pull that.

I reached over to touch his arm that had been resting on the chair. My hand ran up and down his arm, trying to make him feel better, though I needed consoling myself. He looked up and smiled at me, giving me a look with his eyes that couldn't be explained. His eyes showed love and warmth, things that were always there but never let the world see. Dimitri was a much different person in a private setting rather than in public with other gardians looking upon his actions.

"You know I love you, right?" He told we while bringing his forehead to mine. I smiled back, still rubbing my hand on his arm. He leaned over and kissed me. It started as a simple kiss, but progressed to something much, much more. He kissed me passionately, until we felt the jolt from the plane landing on the runway. After a few minutes we heard the softspoken voice of the pilot on the overhead speaker "the plane is landed and you may safely exit, Welcome To Russia." We laughed in unison, then I stood up. Reaching into the overhead luggage compartment, grabbing two of my many, many bags. I normally wasn't an overpacker but this time was different. When I travelled I always travelled light based on certain restraining circumstances. Nearly every time I had left the academy during my time there was under emergency, last minute problems. 

Finding my baggage was suprising easy, but of course I had Dimitri leading the way. I could have found them by myself if I knew what any of the signs said. I knew very little Russian even after these few years around Dimitri I had learned next to nothing about the language. Although that was primarily due to the fact I was generally only interested in learning the dirty words, but regardless of that fact I should know more than I do.

However, my luck ran out once we had stepped outside Pulkovo airport in St. Petersburg. Apparently taxi drivers are all douchebags. Plently drivers stopped to see where we were headed but they were mainly opposed to the length of the trip. Finally, after about an hour of waiting in the chilly weather, a taxi driver agreed to take us the distance.

[Outside The Belikov Home]

Nothing had changed since I was here all those months ago.

"Are you ready?" I asked him as we walked up to the front door of the old house. I could practically see the beads of sweat forming as I asked the question. The car trip in the taxi had been overly quiet. Dimitri has always been a man of few words but the amount of tension in the taxi was ridiculous.

"No." he said with a small smile as he headed toward the front of his former home. We walked into the house, the door creaking as it opened, nothing could have prepared us for what happened.