Chapter 12: The Gates of The Goblin City

Sarah, after being pulled out of the mess of junk she was buried under, she met back up with her friends and was so relieved to see them. Then she realized she saw a little owl help her out.

"Did you two see that little barn owl that helped me out?" Sarah asked her friends, puzzled by what she had experienced.

"Why yes, my lady. It was a beautiful owl indeed. Does this trouble you?" Sir Didymus said as he looked at Sarah.

"Could it be that princess?"

"Well... possibly, my lady, but why would she help you? Isn't she trying to win?"

"That's why I'm confused... she seems to be helping me. Should I really trust her?"

Sir Didymus thought about it for a moment.

"She is honestly quite kind when you really do get to know her... but when a runner comes though, she needs to protect her kingdom. She will do whatever it takes. This is her home, my lady, and she will do anything to protect it."

Sarah thought about this for a little bit, not entirely sure why the princess may be helping her. She is suppose to protect her kingdom from outsiders, wasn't she?

"Maybe I am not a threat to her so she wants me to make sure I leave safely?"

Sir Didymus looked at Sarah. "Honestly I don't know but we may find out soon why..."

After they left the trash heap, they found a door with a sleeping guard at it. The guard was snoring away, not realizing Sarah and her friends are there at this door. Sir Didymus decided to try and wake the guard up. He hit the guard's suit of armor and started yelling at him.

"I shall fight you all to the death! Let us thought this gate, Goblin Guard!" Yells Sir Didymus while hitting the armor hard with his staff.

Sarah pulled Sir Didymus away from the guard.

"Sir Didymus, we can just sneak past. We shouldn't try and wake him." Sarah said as she quieted down the small fox.

Ludo walked up to the door and pushed the first door open. They found the Goblin City! They were about to walk through until they saw a humongous metal door shut infront of them, making a giant metal guard that was two times the size of Ludo. It came to life and started to attack Sarah and her friends. Behind them were giant spikes that sprung up.

Sarah and her friends though this was the end. They were not going to make it.

Until they heard a familiar yell come from the top of the giant door.

"I'm comin' Sarah!" He yelled as he jumped on the head of the giant metal guard and ripped the head off and revealed the tiny goblin driving it.

He struggled with the little goblin and he fell out. Hoggle tried to control the giant metal guard but it seemed too tough for him. He eventually rammed the giant axe into the wall and jumped out of there before it could explode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The princess flew her way to a tree branch close by to watch the scene unfold. She saw that Sarah and the others passed the guard safely. She then started to fly around to check on the whole town. Her father peered out the window and saw her flying. She felt his gaze. She knew she had to play her part. She hooted back to Jareth and he raised the alarm for the Goblin Guard. Rosela felt bad that she had to make Sarah and the others go through the Goblin Guard, but she had to make sure her father did not know she was helping Sarah.

She landed in the window sill. Jareth petted her feathered head. Her feathers were incredibly soft. Her feathers in her owl form looked a lot like her father's, except the brow. Her brow looked more feminine and intricate. The heart was more prominent.

"My little rose, did you check on Sarah again?" Jareth said as he gave Roselea enough room to transform back and sit on window sill.

She turned back into her fae form and looked outside, her feet dangling outside.

"Of course. It's my job to see what she is up to. I want to be like you, watching the Labyrinth and making things all fall into place." She said, watching the carnage outside as the incompetent goblin guard try to capture Sarah and her friends.

"Don't put so much pressure on yourself. You don't need to grow up so fast." He then gave Toby to a goblin who ran off. Jareth then sat with his daughter.

"I know you want to be a good ruler just like me one day but you don't need to prove it while you are so young."

"Father, you have been so busy the past 12 hours."

"Is that why you are acting so strange? Because I've been busy with the runner?"

Roselea did not want to say anymore. She just kept watching Sarah and her friends. Ludo finally calling the rocks to do his bidding.

"Roselea... are you okay?"

"I am, father. Now get ready, Sarah is coming. I'll stall her as best as I can. We have only one hour left."