Chapter 3: The Goblin Princess

The Goblin King's daughter came into the room with a tea tray in her hands.

She looked like a teenager, she looked about 15. Her eyes a brilliant silver, her fae marks around her eyes were beautiful swirls of a multiude of colors.

As she set the tea tray down, she looked at Toby.

"A child... a human child. Why is it here?"

"He was wished away. We have a runner in the Labyrinth, Roselea." Her father said as he picked up the child.

"A runner? Hmm, that hasn't happen since... well, since I was about 8,000. I'm 15,000 so... it's been 7,000 or 7 in human years."

"Yes, it has been quite a long time since we have had a little babe in our grasp. And I've got to say, I will be very sad when I have to turn this one into a little goblin." He said as he played with Toby.

Jareth, the Goblin King, has actually become quite fond of the little baby. He has been taking care of it as if it was his own.

"So where is the runner now?"

"I don't really know. Why don't you go and check on her." Jareth said as he kept looking at Toby and not Roselea.

"This will be fun." She said as she made a crystal and started looking for Sarah

Sarah on the other hand was still running, trying to find turns.

"Ugh! There are no turns or corners, nothing but long streaches of just one path!" Sarah said in exasperation.

"Why can't I just find a turn?"

"You are just not looking at right places." A tiny voice said.

"Allo!" The little voice said and Sarah found a little blue worm.

"Did you just say hello?"

"No, I said Allo, but that is close enough." The little worm chuckled. "As I was saying before, you are just not looking in the right places for those turns."

"What do you mean? I've been here for awhile and I haven't seen turns."

"You just aren't looking hard enough and taking this stretch of the Labyrinth for granted." The worm said as Sarah looked around to find an opening.

"Why don't you come in and have a cup of tea with the misses."

"No, thank you. You see, I need to solve this Labyrinth to save my brother. Speaking of the Labyrinth, do you know how to solve it?"

The worm chuckled it's little laugh.

"Oh no, I'm just a little worm. But I can help you on your way." The little worm said as he pointed right in front with his little head.

"I don't see an opening."

"Go ahead and go right through it, and you will see what I mean."

She held her hands out to her sides and tried to go through this opening that the worm told her about. Once she passed through, she realized it was an opening after all.

"Oh thank you!" She said as she went to the left.

"Wait! Don't go that way! Never go that way!" The little worm said and Sarah changed her direction and ran the other way, thanking the worm.

"Ugh. If she would have kept going in front of her, she would make it right to the castle."

In the throne room, Roselea watched Sarah as she ran in the Labyrinth. She was watching Sarah like a bird of prey.

"So much determination. Where does it come from?" Roselea said to herself as she gazed in her crystal.

Jareth finally set down the child and started sipping his tea.

"Father, could we play a little game?" Roselea asked as the crystal turned into a deck of cards.

As she shuffled in her hand, Jareth just stared at her hands.

"Are you okay, Father?"

He broke his stare and looked up at his daughter.

"Oh, of course, my little rose."

Roselea smiled as she passed out cards for a game of Rummy.

After Jareth scored a few points, Toby started crying. Of course his focus went from Roselea to Toby.

He set his hand down and looked around the room, drunk goblins everywhere. Jareth rolled his eyes and then watched Toby as he cried. He was thinking, thinking of a way to calm Toby down.

Jareth rose out of his chair and went to a group of Goblins and picked one up.

"You remind me of the babe." Jareth said to the goblin.

"What babe?" They said

"The babe with the power."

"What power?"

"Power of voo doo."

"Who do?"

"You do."

"Do what?"

"Remind me of the babe." He said as he threw the goblin as he started dancing.

Then he silenced his goblins and looked over to Toby.

"Quite! A goblin babe! Ha ha ha ha."

No one laughed, except Roselea. Jareth wanted the others laughing too.

"Well?" And everyone started laughing

I saw my baby, crying hard as babe could cry
What could I do? 
My baby's love had gone
And left my baby blue
Nobody knew

What kind of magic spell to use
Slime and snails
Or puppy dog tails? 
Thunder or lightning
Then baby said
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put that baby's spell on me
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Put that magic jump on me
Slap that baby, make him free

I saw my baby, trying hard as babe could try
What could I do? 
My baby's fun had gone
And left my baby blue
Nobody knew

What kind of magic spell to use
Slime and snails
Or puppy dogs tails
Thunder or lightning
Then baby said

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance) 
Put that baby's spell on me (ooh)
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump) 
Put that baby's spell on me (ooh)
Slap that baby, make him free

Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance) 

Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Jump magic, jump
Put that baby's spell on me

You remind me of the babe (what babe? )
The babe with the power (what power? )
The power of voodoo (who do? )
You do (do what? )
Remind me of the babe

Roselea then stopped partying with the goblins and realized what her Father just did.

Roselea remembered that song... that was the song her father would sing when she was sad.

This version was more for Toby, but her father would sing magic dance for her and no one else...

"I'll be back, Father. I'm checking on our little runner." She said as she transformed into an owl and flew away into the Labyrinth.