Chapter 8: Dealing with the Fire Gang

Roselea flew in her owl form, going deep and the forest where the Fireys lived. She flew on a branch and appeared with her tan leather jacket, grey leggings, a white shirt with a bit of a train, And her high heel black boots that went up to her knees.

"It's the princess!" The Fireys yelled as they found her in the tree.

"Of course it is!" She said as she adjusted her hair which was pinned up with only some strands hung down to give her hair elegance.

"Why are you here, Princess?"

"I wanted to check on you... because you will have a runner to play with soon." Roselea said as she laughed and the Fireys laughed with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah slowly approaches where the noise was from. She could hear a cry from a beast and she wanted to see the cause of it.

Little goblins with sticks that had biting creatures on the end were torturing the big furry beast who was hanging by his left foot.

He howled as he was being tortured by the little goblins. Sarah felt sympathy for the creature.

The creature kept howling and rocks came to Sarah. She could throw those to get rid of those guards. Sarah took the rock in her hand and threw it at the little goblin guards.

One of the guards was hit in the helmet and that made an awful racket. His helmet spun and he couldn't see where he was going, so he started moving and swinging his biting stick around. This caused the other goblins to argue but also get bitten.

Sarah threw another rock and hit another goblin. He yelped and his helmet spun around and he started to bump into the others. He accidently hit another goblin with the biting stick.  They all yelped and said to retreat.

They all retreated and the big beast was left hanging. He still howled, until Sarah came over to comfort him.

"It's okay, I'll help you. I'm nice. Those goblins won't hurt you anymore." Sarah said to the monster and he smiled a little.

She tried to find the rope to let the beast free and she untied it. He dropped but it didn't hurt him. He was very happy to be freed.

"What is your name?" Sarah asked.

"Ludo..." he smiled his innocent smile.

"I'm Sarah."

"Sarah friend?" She nodded and he smiled even more.

"Nice to have friend Sarah. Thank you." He said and he stood up.

"You are welcome, Ludo. Do you by chance know how to solve the Labyrinth?" Ludo shook his head and Sarah sighed.

"Well. Would you like to help me solve this Labyrinth?"

Ludo smiled and nodded.

"Help Sarah friend." And they started going into a forest.

This was one of the many forests in the Labyrinth. The mist made the forest have a eerie feel but it also made it beautiful. The trees glittered in the the little bits of light there was.

As they went through the forest, Sarah walked in front of Ludo and Ludo suddenly disappeared. Sarah heard something and looked behind her and she couldn't find her new friend.

"Ludo? Where are you?" She then started to wander and call Ludo. She couldn't find him... not in all this mist and darkness.

Then she heard laughter in the forest.

"Look! It's the runner! It's the girl the princess told us about!" One voice said.

"Yes! She is perfect! Let's play!" Another said. And they popped out at Sarah. The Fireys found who Roselea described.

"Who are you?" Sarah asked as she looked around her.

They cackled. "We are the Fireys or what what we like to call ourselves is the Fire Gang!" And they started a fire in their fire pit and started to sing.

When the sun goes down (when the sun goes down)
And the bats are back to bed (and the bats are back)
The brothers come 'round (the brothers come 'round)
I get out of my dirty bed (my dirty bed)
I shake my pretty little head (I shake my pretty little head)
Tap my pretty little feet (tap my pretty little feet)
Feeling brighter than sunlight (oh)
Louder than thunder (oh)
Bouncing like a yo-yo, whoa (oh)

Don't got no problems (no problems)
Ain't got no suitcase (no suitcase)
Ain't got no clothes to worry about (no clothes to worry about)
Ain't got no real estate or jewelry or gold mines to hang me up

I just throw in my hand (throw in my hand)
With the chilliest bunch in the land (in the land)
They don't look much (oh), they sure chilly chilly (oh)
They positively glow-glow, huh (oh)

Chilly down with the fire gang
Think small with the fire gang (It's the only way)
Bad hep with the fire gang (a smile a day keeps the doctor away)
When your thing gets wild, chilly down

Chilly down with the fire gang (Hey, I'm a wild child)
Act tall with the fire gang (whoo, walk tall)
Good times, bad food (yeah)
When your thing gets wild
Chilly down, chilly down

Roselea was purched in the tree nearby and she jumped down and joined the Fireys. She laughed and danced with them and around Sarah.

So when things get too tough (get too tough)
And your chin is dragging on the ground (dragging on the ground)
And even down looks up (down looks up)
Bad luck, heh-heh
We can show you a good time (show you a good time)
And we don't charge nothin' (nothin' at all)

Chilly down with the fire gang (think small)
Think small with the fire gang (bad hep)
Bad hep with the fire gang (hey, listen up)
When your thing gets wild
Chilly down

Chilly down with the fire gang (hey, shake your pretty little head)
Act tall with the fire gang (tap your pretty little feet)
Good times, bad food (come on, come on)
When your thing gets wild
Chilly down

Chilly down with the fire gang (wooh)
Think small with the fire gang
Bad hep with the fire gang

Then the Fireys tried to pull Sarah, trying to pull her head off. Roselea stopped in her tracks and realized what they were doing to her. She didn't want to harm Sarah, she just wanted her to waste time.

"Stop! This was not what I wanted, Fireys!" Roselea yelled and the Fireys cackled.

Roselea got scared. She didn't want to see any harm to become of Sarah. She just wanted her to run out of time.

"Rip their heads off, Sarah!" Roselea yelled to Sarah and she started doing that.

Roselea then took Sarah's hand and ran her over towards the wall.

"Why are you helping me?" Sarah asked. Roselea didn't answer... She didn't want Sarah to know she was kind. Roselea is the Goblin King's daughter. She had to be as harsh as her father.

"Roselea..."

"Just shush! If my father finds out... it would break him! Just be greatful that I helped you from your certain doom!" Roselea said as she then transformed into a owl and let Sarah go towards the wall where Hoggle already threw a rope to Sarah.

Sarah in this moment alone learned that Roselea was not as wicked as she thought. She had a kind heart but big shoes to fill.