Chapter 2

Do not play the music above until I say so! Or not, I'm not your father-

Later that evening

Carol unlocked the door to her and Whitty's house. There were two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, two bathrooms, and a laundry room. "Welcome home for now Ruv! You are free to sit on the couch." Carol said. Ruv looked around his surroundings and peeked into the rooms in the house.

Carol's bedroom had blue walls, was well organized, had a large mirror near the bed, and a wall mounted television. Whitty's room was messy, but the bed was huge unlike Carol's. The walls were gray and the room smelled like... litter sand? Ruv looked at the bed and saw a black kitten with a white nose sleeping in the center.

"That's Rocky. Found 'em sniffing around near the lake one day." Whitty walked in the room and sat next to the sleeping feline. He smiled lightly then started petting the cat. The cat made a cute chirp like noise while opening his eyes. Rocky's eyes were a beautiful, shiny shade of green.

Ruv had actually never seen a cat before. He slowly approached Rocky and reached for him. Rocky looked at Ruv's hand then began to sniff. Rocky moved his head back shortly after then looked at absolutely nothing. Ruv shrugged then left the room.

Ruv then went to the kitchen and opened the food pantry. There was a LOT in there. Like, a FUCK TON of food. It was almost to the point where it was going to overflow. Ruv was taken aback by all the stuff. "Oh, you can help yourself if you're hungry," Carol was preparing dinner, "but not too much, because Whitty can eat all of this in the span of two weeks."

What a glutton.

------

The three of them were at the dinner table. Tonight it was chicken noodle soup. The broth was steamy, golden brown, and the taste was strong. The noodles were long and wiggly. Carol and Ruv had regular sized bowls while Whitty had one that was three times bigger. He was eating faster than a rabbit can hop. Ruv was kind of grossed out by it, but Carol was used to it.

"So Ruv, I believe that all of us should all hang out after dinner tonight. There's an amusement park that opened last week and going there during night gives off the perfect atmosphere! I went there on opening day with a friend of mine and it was so much fun!" Carol said.

Whitty immediately stopped eating and looked over at Carol. "Carol, why did you lie to me about that?" "Huh? What do you mean, babe?" Carol asked. "You told me you were just going to run some errands. Not go to an amusement park with that Sunday bitch." Whitty replied.

"Why do you always assume I'm with Sunday?"

"Because they're your ex. I bet you secretly want them back!"

"Hell no! I've told you a million times Whitmore, I'm only dating you! Sunday and I are only friends!"

"For now."

"Why don't you ever trust me?! We've dated for several months yet you never budge!"

"So you're blaming me for our problems, eh?! Says the one who prefers to be hanging out with her friends and ex than the one who gave her comfort when she needed it most!"

"Sometimes I want to spend some me time ok?!"

Whitty's wick began to flare up. Ruv lost his appetite at this point. Carol stood up and was on the verge of walking away from the table.

"SO JUST ABOUT ALL YOUR TIME IS 'ME TIME'?!"

"I STILL TALK TO YOU! YOU NEVER APPRECIATE MY COMPANY ANYMORE I-"

Ruv clearer his throat, interrupting the fighting lovebirds. "Just stop."

Carol realized what she was doing then immediately sat back down in silence. She blew on her soup and resumed eating. Whitty ate slower and Ruv just watched. Two minutes of silence felt like who years until Carol finally spoke up again. This time quietly. "So Ruv... What do you say? Want to go to the amusement park with me and Whitty? It'll be fun and certainly clear up all the tension."