Chapter 6

"So what happened to Ruv's arm?" Hex asked, looking at the blood stain and hole on Ruv's jacket. "He was shot." Whitty responded then took off Ruv's jacket before trying to remove his shirt. The Russian backed away from Whitty and formed a scowl. "Ruv, we need to check on any other wounds too than just your arm. Hell, your face looks like it's falling off a little with that loose eye patch! Lemme get that off for you." Hex reached over then gently pulled Ruv's eye patch off, revealing his scarred eye.

Ruv slapped Hex's hand away, but it was too late. The eye patch flew across the room and landed behind the TV. Ruv became a little flustered from the less than grand reveal. Hex looked on in awe. "I get it, it's a scar. Can we just move on already?" Ruv reacted. "Right! Sorry!" Hex said then ran off to the kitchen to grab a roll of toilet paper and what few band-aids they had from Carol's bathroom.

While Hex was gone, Whitty finally removed Ruv's shirt then laid him down on the couch. Ruv was muscular, but not as big as Whitty. He didn't have a six pack, but he certainly did have firm skin. His body had a few gray markings on it too along with old scars from his childhood and bounty hunting days. Despite being male, his body was actually somewhat feminine, having small curves that were covered up by his jacket.

Ruv's left arm was dangling from the couch. The bullet was in deep, but it didn't go all the way through. Hex came back a few minutes later with bandaids, toilet paper, over the counter pain medicine, tweezers, and a knife. Ruv saw the knife and started to squirm. Whitty got up then pinned him down.

"I'm fine without my arm now. I may have put quite a few things in and on my body, but I don't trust that thing with a knife." Ruv said then looked at Hex. Hex happily waved at Whitty and Ruv while holding the knife. Ruv felt a bit of a cold sweat then tried to move some more, kicking at Whitty. The bomb didn't move.

"Ugh. Whitty. I'd rather have you be the one holding the knife than whatever his name is." Ruv blurted out. Hex then reminded the russian what his name was. Whitty's eyes widened a little. "Ruv, my hands are more for destruction than surgery."

"I don't care. I'd rather you."

Whitty continued to look down at Ruv in shock until looking over at Hex, who was smiling the whole time. "Whatever our pal is comfortable with! Do you want me to pin him down for you, Whitty?" Whitty felt a new feeling arise in him a little. It felt like anger, but not the usual kind. He wasn't heating up, yet he wasn't happy. It also felt like someone was stomping on his chest and wouldn't let him breathe. Why was he feeling like this? All that happened was that Hex asked Whitty a question about Ruv.

"Um, Whitty? Are you ok? Do we need to talk about anything?" Hex snapped the doomsday device out of his thoughts. "No. I think it's best Ruv isn't pinned down any further by either of us." Whitty slowly got off of Ruv then got on his knees next to Hex. The computer handed Whitty the knife then was told by the bomb to start playing cat videos for his "patient."

Whitty got a few pieces of toilet paper to clean off the blood surrounding Ruv's wound then held the knife once again. "You ready?" Ruv contemplated his choices for a moment then nodded.

(This next section will contain graphic details of blood and very amateur surgery, so if you're squeamish, then feel free to skip this part!)

Whitty closed one eye then poked the tip of the knife at a spot close to the wound. He slowly and gently stabbed into Ruv's arm and made a small, shaky circle. Ruv didn't feel the sting of the knife yet, but he did bleed a little. Whitty cleaned up the blood then stabbed deeper into one part of the circle. Ruv felt a bit of pain this time, hissing a little.

Whitty dug the knife deeper until half of it was inside. Ruv bit his lip and held onto the couch tightly. The bomb slowly starting cutting around the circle. Once every minute to be exact. What felt like 5 years was only 5 minutes, but Whitty finally made the full circle around the wound. He tilted the knife down then carefully pushed towards him, pushing the chunk of flesh out and revealing a small piece of bullet sticking out of the dark and bloody flesh.

Whitty put the small chunk into his right jacket pocket then got a small chunk of toilet paper to put the now bloodied knife on. Ruv was tightly balling his right fist while trying not to look down at the surgical procedure. Hex was being a good "assistant" to Whitty by not even opening his electronic mouth once. Ruv had been through a few surgeries, but none quite like this.

Whitty picked up the tweezers then went for the bullet lodged in the Russian's arm. He nudged it a little to figure out how tight it was in there. It was a little bit, but it should be easy enough to get out with enough wiggle room. Whitty closed the tweezers then stuck it in a small space in-between the bullet and Ruv's flesh, causing Ruv to squirm a little from his nerves being messed with as well. Ruv squeaked in pain then bit his lip. Whitty apologized for the inconvenience then waited a few moments before starting to wiggle the tweezers in the small space.

Ruv started kicking the air. The bullet constantly hitting his nerves was causing major pain and discomfort, but he couldn't stop squirming. Whitty quickly pulled the tweezers out of from Ruv and watch him kick. "Shit, you good?" He asked. "Hard to be when something is wiggling inside you." Ruv replied.

Whitty cringed a little at the thought of something similar happening to him then took a deep breath. After a few moments of clearing his head, he got back to the slow surgery. Ruv tightly closed his eye then started humming a song that was painfully familiar. Too Clergy.

Whitty eventually pushed the bullet out of it's spot with enough moving. He carefully grabbed it with the tweezers then got it out of Ruv entirely.

(Ok, the surgery is done!!)

Whitty and Hex began the clean up process. Some blood got on the couch and all the bloody tools had to be washed off. Hex tied one of his spare casual shirts tightly onto Ruv's wound then started researching how to make a home made cast. After Whitty cleaned up all the tools and took off his now bloody jacket, he came back to Ruv then started massaging his arm.

One hour later

Ruv had on a somewhat poorly made cast, his sleeveless shirt back on, and his arm was able to move a little bit, but it was still in a world of pain. He would have to wait a good while for the wound to fully recover, so he wasn't allowed to leave the house unless he was with someone. Preferably Whitty so he could be protected. He took a little bit of pain medication then was brought to Carol's room so he could nap.

Whitty sighed in relief leaving Carol's room. Finally, some time alone with Rocky. He walked to his room then turned on the light. Rocky was asleep on his owner's pillow, curled up in a little ball. Whitty smiled at the sight. He looked over at Rocky's food and water bowls to see that while the water bowl was just fine, the food was very high up. Like the entire bag was used. Whitty's smile faded then he looked back at his doorway.

He walked away from his bedroom and found Hex in the kitchen, making coffee for everyone. "Hey Hex." Whitty called. The computer looked over at Whitty and smiled. "What's up, muscles?" Hex said while looking at Whitty's strong torso that was covered up by a white tank top he wore underneath his jacket.

"I told you to take care of Rocky."

"I did! I filled his water, pat him, and kept him well fed!"

"A little TOO well fed. You're not supposed to make the next Tower of Pisa."

"At least I fed him like you wanted pal!" Hex smiled wider. Whitty groaned in defeat. His computer friend was right.

"Just don't do that again please. Fill it like you do with the water."

"You got it, Whitty!!"

Whitty rolled his eyes then walked back to his room. He eyed the food tower, but chose to ignore it for now and laid down on his bed next to Rocky. He began to zone out and think about Ruv. They only met a day ago yet he feels like he's already gotten attached? Ruv had a very nice body and even though he could be a jerk sometimes, he knew what he was doing and got straight to the point, something that Whitty deeply admired. No, Whitty admired Ruv in general. It was like fate had plans for them since the beginning.

No way he should be allowed fall in love this fast, right?

Word count: 1595