Chapter 7

(One week later)

It was finally starting to snow. The white sheet covered the ground and it was a nice, cool temperature of 15°F (-9°C for you non Americans) and Christmas was fast approaching. Unfortunately Hex didn't like to play basketball during this time of year, so he was unable to bet any money for his matches. Ruv and Whitty would occasionally leave the house to steal from the greedy rich, but that wasn't enough for Christmas gifts and bills, so one of them needed to get a job. However, that would not be easy considering that Whitty and Ruv are still being hunted for by the cops.

Hex was speaking to Carol over the phone in the living room, hoping that she was able to suggest something after Whitty vented to him about the financial situation. "Well, I guess that's the least I can do to make up for pissing Whitty off.. I still feel really bad that my actions led us into this mess." She said.

Carol put her phone on speaker then started doing a little research on jobs in the area. She was still in the hospital from last week. After a few minutes of job hunting, she came up with the usual stuff: fast food, retail, and the occasional odd job. Whitty walked into the room from his bedroom mid call.

"Is that Carol I'm hearing?" He asked. Hex nodded in response and smiled. "Hex! Put me on your monitor please!" Carol smiled then readied video chat. Hex's monitor went to static then Carol shortly after. The woman was wearing a back brace and had a few bandages on her body. She waved hello to her ex. Whitty's brain/heart hurt from seeing her like this. It was all his fault since he blew up.

"Hi Whitty! You know, I'm really sorry for everything that happened last week... I swore to myself that I would do much better as not only a person, but as a future girlfriend. I still love you, Whitty. I realized that our relationship issues were mainly stemming from me and I desperately wish to make it up to you."

Whitty stared at her in confusion. How could she still love him even after he literally blew up in her face and hurt her?! Not to mention he hurt Sunday, a really good friend of her's too. He sighed then shook his head no. "I'm sorry Carol, but I'm just not ready." He lied. Carol looked at him stunned. "I don't think I can handle a relationship between us so soon. Just let me think about it, please." Whitty continued.

"Oh... I understand. I'm sorry," Carol began then took a breath, "but if it makes you happy, I'm coming back next week. It's a Christmas miracle! I'll try my best to come back with gifts for all three of you!"

Whitty's heart skipped a beat. No no no, he's not thinking about Ruv. At least he doesn't want to right now. He had to make plans quick for everyone, but he wanted to do something special for Ruv. No, Ruv is only a friend and will stay a friend. At least that's what Whitty thought. He's only been friends with Ruv for a week, yet they have so much in common.

"Whitty, are you ok?" Carol asked. Whitty looked back at Carol on the monitor then nodded. "Alright. I'll text you whenever I find a job that can possibly work. Good luck and keep the house clean!" She hung up before Whitty could say anything else. The bomb sighed and blushed a little more in embarassment. "Whitty, my dear pal, is something wrong?" Hex asked.

"Can you not do the formalities? Starting to creep me out."

"Sorry!"

"There's nothing wrong anyways."

"I doubt it! Your heart rate and internal temperature are increasing! Are you angry?"

"No, of course not!! I just have a lot on the mind."

"Like what if you don't mind me asking?"

"The financial situation. Sure we don't have to pay the bills this month, but I want to get something special for someone."