PRETTIER THAN A RAINBOW

dedicated to reboot-icebath aka one of my best friends ever. i love her sm she's so sweet and talented

based off of this cute lil tweet

···

Awsten lets out a groan while rolling over in bed, bumping into his girlfriend in the process. Jasmine giggles as she turns to face Awsten and presses a kiss to his forehead. They stay wrapped up with one another for a few moments longer. Awsten squeezes his eyes shut and sighs.

"What's bothering you?" she asks quietly, caressing his cheek with her hand.

"I just remembered we have to go out today, but I really don't want to," he replies, burying his head into the crook of her neck.

"C'mon. Let's get ready. We'll be fast in Target."

He looks up and kisses her gently. When he pulls away, he has a wide grin on his face. Jasmine rests her forehead against Awsten's. They linger a few seconds before getting up, knowing fully well that they'll never leave the apartment if they stayed in bed any longer.

Awsten grabs a pair of black jeans. His girlfriend watches him, her eyes on his bare chest. He runs his hands through his hair, messily styling it to look more presentable. His biceps flex when he crosses his arms.

Awsten turns, looking at Jasmine with a smirk. "Like the view?"

"Shut up."

Jasmine kisses Awsten's cheek then heads to the bathroom. She ties her hair into a messy bun, a few strands falling over her face. As Jasmine puts her mascara on, she feels Awsten wraps his arms around her waist from behind. He kisses the side of her face.

"You're so pretty," he mumbles. "I love you."

"I love you more," Jasmine says, giggling as he peppers kisses on her face.

Jasmine turns around in Awsten's arms. She runs her hands through her boyfriends bright hair. She remembers when she met him back in 2018. Jasmine had unknowingly become "Target Girl" to him and every parxie. They met again, at the exact same Target only a few months later and became inseparable ever since.

They started dating the day before Fandom released. After Awsten showed her the album, he took Jasmine's face in his hands and kissed her like he never would again. Lucky for them, they kissed just about every day after that, minus the days that Awsten was on tour of course. Jasmine admires her boyfriend and every little thing he does. Even when they make each other mad, they never go to bed apart.

Jasmine is snapped out of her trance when Awsten kisses her forehead.

"Let's get going. We can pick up Starbucks on the way and maybe go out for dinner later tonight?"

"Sounds perfect."

The couple head out of their apartment hand in hand. The ride to Target is filled with mindless chatter. Awsten brushes his thumb over Jasmine's hand as he drives. She watches the sun hit his face, making him look ethereal.

They get to Target twenty minutes later. Awsten grabs a cart while Jasmine recites their list.

"Babe, can we get blueberries? They're half off," Awsten points out.

"Hell yeah."

Awsten picks up six cartons of blueberries, mumbling something about getting more later. They pick out a few more fruits and vegetables along the way through the produce aisle. Jasmine leads him to the cereal aisle. The place they met.

She feels his eyes on her as she examines each of the cereal boxes. "What?"

"Nothing," he shrugs.

"You gonna write another obsessive love song about me?" she teases.

"I think it's your turn to shut up."

"Make me."

"Jas! Not in Target, jesus christ."

The two giggle at themselves. They continue shopping, joking around and receiving a few odd looks because of it. It's not like they really care, though.

"Mommy, look! It's Princess Bubblegum!" a little girl exclaims.

Jasmine turns around, slightly confused. The little girl runs up to her excitedly. She jumps up and down, her pigtails flying around her.

"Oh, hi," Jasmine greets, crouching down to the girls height.

"You're Princess Bubblegum, aren't you?"

"Well, yes, I am."

Awsten feels his heart melt at the simple interaction. The little girl giggles and starts jumping again. The mother catches up and offers a smile to the couple.

"Look, mommy! It's my favorite!"

"Yes, Amber, it is!" the mom plays along.

"Who are you? Your hair is rainbow."

"I am Princess Bubblegum's... Prince, I guess you can say," Awsten grins, looking at Jasmine.

"You're prettier than a RAINBOW!" she yells, reaching up to Awsten's head.

Both Awsten and Jasmine are pretty sure they're going to die right there. Awsten lets Amber touch his hair. She giggles and hugs Awsten, then she hugs Jasmine.

"Okay, Amber. We have to go. Thanks, you two."

Amber waves goodbye before following her mom. Awsten and Jasmine look at each other with tears in their eyes.

"We can't cry in Target," Jasmine mutters, wiping her eyes.

"Right, yeah," he agrees, nodding as he wipes away the tears.

TWITTER

DANNY FANDOM | awsten
"You're prettier than a RAINBOW" -a
tiny little girl who's making it very
hard for us not to cry in Target
right now.

···

a/n : AH I HOPE Y'ALL LIKED
THIS WOO !!! IT'S SHORT BUT
AS SOON AS I SAW HIS TWEET
I JUST HAD TO WRITE ABOUT
IT AND WHY NOT WRITE IT
FOR MY LOVELY FRIEND

LOVE U SM <3

(( also this is literally very
important and for
powerless-knight ))

((( for laughs )))

(((( ONE OF MY FAVORITEAWSTEN MEMES EVER ))))

AWSTEN MEMES EVER ))))