Just Listen ~ Chapter 18

Here we go! The next chapter to the story! Sorry it's a bit later than I promise, but I had to go to the emergency room that night and yeah... but I'm better now! So enjoy! There are still two more parts! The next chapter, with Harmony and then the Epilogue and then it's finish! I am sorry to say there will be no sequel to this story, maybe a side story or something, but no sequel! So Enjoy! And I will have the next chapter up tonight, I SWEAR! I'm working on it now so be patient! :)

Chapter 18

I grabbed my luggage from the spinning circle thing before I sat down on one of the benches, quickly opening up my laptop. I breathed out a breath I had been holding in. I was actually in London. London! As in I was in the UK! I squealed inwardly, ignoring the looks I was receiving before I smiled down at Oliver, who was running around in his cage. "Don't worry Ollie, you'll be out soon." I said to the little dachshund as I quickly went to my email. Before I did anything else, I had to see how great the damage was I had done at KU for the showcase. Just as expected I had an email from my professor for the showcase, I sighed before I opened up the email and it was exactly what I had dreaded.

Amy Yang

VIOLIN SHOWCASE

April 5, 2013

MISS HARMONY BROWN! I HOPE SOMEBODY DIED YESTERDAY! Miss Brown, your lack of attendance in the showcase yesterday has dire outcomes to not only you, but to the school. When you return to class we will have a talk about your lack of absence. Because it affected you the most, since the Royal London School of Music had a representative there yesterday, scouting for new material for their school. You missed out on a great opportunity and it's your own fault.

Professor Yang

I groaned in annoyance as I read the email, I had missed possibly my only chance of playing for my dream school, but no matter. I wouldn't have gotten in anyways, because the piece she wanted me to play for the showcase was dull and unoriginal, the people from that college wouldn't even have a glance at me if I played them that. I shook my head. I would not let that email change my mind or how I feel. I came here for a reason and I was going to stick with that reason. I quickly opened up Skype, praying that Olivia was online, she had yet to even know that I was in London. She was probably still mad at me for not wanting to go, but this was my only option, she had to see I was here. I quickly changed my status to online and noticed the green dot next to Olivia's Skype name, I let out another little silent squeal as I quickly pressed the video call button. Now all she had to do was answer, oh please let her answer!

She answered, "What do you want? Look I know you don't want to come to London, and I accept your apology if that's what you're after, but I'm still upset at you." Olivia started off without so much as a hello, but it didn't matter and I didn't blame her. She was right all along.

'Olivia,' I signed as I smiled down at her.

"What's all that noise? It sounds like you're in an airport or something?" Olivia asked as I smiled, I couldn't hear the noise, but it was a good thing she could. She looked at me with wide eyes as her lips were quickly pulling up to a smile. "Harmony, where are you?"