Just Listen ~ Chapter 16

And here you guys go! Another update! I believe I have two more chapter until the end! And then the epilogue! (Not sure if I'm going to make the epilogue or not, just depends how I end the last chapter) I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Poor harmony :(

Chapter 16

"Class dismissed! Remember to practice for the showcase next Tuesday! Practice, practice, practice!" I read the professors' lips as she drilled the word practice in everyone's head while everyone gathered all their supplies in a hurry to escape any pop quizzes she'd decide to give. I took my time as I gathered my books and violin in hand while the professor walked up towards my small desk in the front row. I always had to sit in the front row of my classes, except my deaf classes, in order to read my professor's lips. "Harmony, how are your pieces coming for the showcase?"

"They are well on their way, there's one I've been working on that's really personal to me" I replied with a smile as Professor Yang frowned down at me, her wrinkles showing on her aged face as her black hair was held up in a tight bun it was a surprise her face could move.

"Now Harmony, we don't want any of our students showing off personal works, how about that list of songs I gave you?" Professor Yang asked as I sighed.

"Yes I've already got them done, but don't you think they are a little plain for the violin?" I asked as Professor Yang waved me off.

"Nonsense, do practice and be prepared for next Tuesday, none of your own work now." Professor Yang replied as she turned around and started to prepare for her next music class. I sighed again before I picked up my messenger bag and walked out of the class room. I quickly took out my phone seeing I had five text messages from Niall, Liam, Louis, Olivia and Zayn; all saying the same thing about when I was going to come down and visit them in London. It has been a year since Harry and I have broke up and a lot of things have happened during that period.

I ran towards my bus as it started to leave and quickly got on it as the bus driver nodded his head at me, I squeezed past the group of college kids and older people as I made my way towards the back. I gripped onto my violin case tightly as I took a seat in my usual spot, where no one bugged me or spoke to me, I was the deaf girl, no one could talk to me. It had been a year since Harry and I broke up, when the summer ended I went to KU and Olivia moved to London where she is now attending her dream school the London College of Fashion, she's still with Zayn, in fact I'm pretty sure they live together. The boys have been doing amazing in their band; they've had so many tours I couldn't even tell you how many. They've released a new CD and have been on countless talk shows and radios and award shows. They were even finishing up their world wide tour. It's crazy how far they've gone in just a year. 

I climbed out of the bus as he pulled up to my stop, quickly making my way out of the bus and towards my apartment building. I unlocked my apartment as I walked into the silent room, just like the rest of my world when a rambunctious puppy ran towards me. "Oliver, I'm home!" I smiled with a grin as the small dachshund an towards me and started licking my hands as I bent down towards his small body. "I missed you too buddy." He opened his mouth in an attempt to bark, but it was soundless; not only to my ears but to the world's ears as well. He was a rescued puppy and his vocal chords were broken so he actually couldn't bark. He was broken, like me. "How about we get you some food?" I asked the little puppy as he jumped around my feet as I set down my violin and book bag in the living room while I went to the small kitchen. I turned on the TV in the living room, in order to let my neighbors know somebody was home and for Oliver.