Chapter 3 :)

"Thank you so much for forgiving me." Hajime grinned.

Luckily, Chiaki had decided to accept his apology. She had never really accepted it at first, although the fact that he brought Nagito back home was what made her agree.

"No need to thank me," Chiaki returned the expression. "You proved yourself as a good friend."

"I guess you could say that. Which one of these shops do you fancy looking into?"

They were out in the town, something they always used to do, they ended up simmering down with it after college started up again - thankfully the semester was over for now.

The buildings were littered with fairy lights, it felt like Christmas or just winter in general. There was a few dots of snow every now and again, however, nothing big. The two walked side by side with bright grins and constant conversation.

"Could we get our nails done? You can just get a manicure without nail polish since I know you're uncomfortable with that kind of stuff." Nanami requested, Hinata nodded.

The nail place wasn't that flashy, more of a neutral color pallet. The walls were white with a few splashes of blue designs, the reception desk had a few plants decorating it. There weren't too many employees around, although this was the quiet side of town, it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Upon entry, they were directed towards different stations. "What would you like today, sir?" A sweet old lady asked.

"Just a clean up I guess? I don't really know how this works."

She took his hand into hers, going through her things to find a nail file. "Okay, nail polish or no nail polish?"

"None, thank you."

And with that, she got to work. Hajime glanced to Chiaki, she was having a pretty pink polish be applied, she seemed content with the way she was chatting away with the worker.

The worker looked like a princess, she sounded awfully European as well. Her name tag read the name 'Sonia', Hinata looked to the old lady in front of him's name tag, just to see the name 'Oka'.

He watched as some of the dead skin on his fingers was snipped off, no pain involved. "So, how old are you?"

"Oh, I'm nineteen."

"I have a daughter who's that age, you really should meet her."

"That could be alright." Hajime hummed, "How come?"

Oka chuckled. "You two could be quite a cute pair."

"Mhm." He didn't really know what to say, he didn't necessarily like the idea of being set up right now; perhaps another time but not with how busy and problematic his week had been so far.

"Oka!" A voice called out from the other side of the room, she whispered a quick apology, dismissing herself.

Sonia giggled along with Chiaki, Hajime watched from the corner of his eye.

"Sorry if this is bold of me to ask, but could I perhaps have your phone number after this session?" Sonia asked, sweetly.

Nanami nodded, "Of course."

Hinata admired how smooth she was with her words, if only he had those kinds of guts to ask people for their numbers, he always chickened out anytime.

Hajime had liked a girl for years back in high school, when it finally got around to graduation, he wanted to ask her out on a date. He got there, all dolled up with a rose and his breath fresh, just to change his mind. He slaps himself in the face every single day because of it.