Chapter 7/7 :)

hot dog its the last chapter, i quite enjoyed the whole chaptered thing so i might try it again yuh

It wasn't sunny, nor was it bad weather. It was neutral, the kind of temperature just to slightly mist up the windows and make the place feel quite damp. It was pretty much silent, just two boys laying in a blandly colored bed, they were comfy and in a loving embrace. 

This time, when Hajime opened his eyes and smelt an unfamiliar scent, he didn't feel scared or have his stomach drop. That scent wasn't difficult to recognize anymore, he was fully aware when he was being smothered by the beholder of it, it was no longer something he could label as something terrifying.

Hajime flipped himself over from facing the window, now looking directly at Nagito, the arms were still securely around his waist - Hajime shuffled forward to nuzzle into Nagito, taking in the feeling of safety. It was surprising how warm he was, seeming as Nagito was usually cold, personality-wise, and physically; anytime you were to hand him something, he would give it back to you along with the places where he touched it being freezing.

Hinata was struggling to process anything, not having any power to have any kind of reaction apart from clinging onto Komaeda, he was the current number one source of security; kind of like a safety blanket. "Awake?" The sudden voice scared Hinata a bit, it was clear as he flinched before looking up.

"You're awake!?" Komaeda had been so idle, did Hinata wake him up?

Nagito leaned in, snuggling into the space between the pillow and Hajime's neck, his arms tightened as he felt Hajime's leg hug his hip. "I have been for like an hour, I just didn't fancy disturbing you."

"You waited for an hour, doing nothing?"

Komaeda smiled as he let his sentence slip, "If nothing means admiring you, then yes."

Hinata couldn't help but crack a grin, even with his past significant others, he had never felt THIS loved. "Shut up."

"Pfffft. Haven't changed, I see?"

Hajime backed up out of the hug, just to move in again. He tilted his head, urging forward to share a kiss with Nagito, he was trying to ignore the random hit of anxiety that had just struck him. However, these rocks on his shoulders were unavoidable, he had slept with his best friend's brother, AGAIN.

 But he and Nagito were dating, does that make it okay? It had happened before they were dating, or was it during? Hajime was pretty sure they got together in the middle of it, he was trying to convince himself that it was alright, he just needed to figure out how to explain this to Chiaki.

Komaeda noticed his slight discomfort, the long pauses in the kiss, so he pulled back. "Are you okay?"

Hinata frowned, he loved Komaeda but still felt such regret, 

"What do I tell Chiaki?"

 Both of their breaths hitched just at the name, even Komaeda had forgotten about her as she had been at Sonia's all night. "I... Didn't think about that. I'll call her and ask her where she is,"

"Okay. I'll go and have a shower or something." And with that, Hajime went off to the bathroom whilst Nagito threw on some clothes and headed into the living room to find his phone.

As soon as he took one step into the area, he saw Nanami laid down on the sofa, scrolling through her laptop browser. "Oh, good morning." It took Nagito a second to register that he was being spoken to, she had noticed him quite quickly.

"Morning. You're back already?"

"Mhm, Sonia had work so I buggered off."

Nagito nodded slowly, about to walk to the kitchen until Chiaki called out again. "Where's Hajime?" Nagito's mood dropped to a very nervous one, he stopped walking and slightly rocked on his feet.

"He's in the shower."

There was a short silence, Komaeda was internally terrified. It was normal for Hinata to shower at their place since he and Nanami, as mentioned before, were super close, but what if she knew? "Okay... You might need one too, you look like a mess."

"Jeez, thanks."

"What did you guys even do? Wrestle?"

"In a way." That is what Nagito WOULD'VE said if he was ready to tell her that detail even subtly, instead he settled on just saying that they were dating. "No, we're dating now, though."

"Really? Who confessed to who?"

Shit.

Nagito gulped, hesitant to face Chiaki, hence why he was still stood in the doorway of the kitchen. "It was... Mutual. We just agreed on it... Yeah." His answer was unsure, barely believable, Nagito took this chance to quickly dash into the kitchen to avoid the interrogation.

So, when Hajime joined the two in the living room, Chiaki switched to quizzing him. "Hey, what did you guys do?"

He was clearly caught off guard by her sudden appearance, although tried to think nothing of it, he was still rubbing his hair down with a towel, not in his usual formal wear but something casual instead. "Oh, nothing really."

"Really?" Nanami scanned him up and down, skeptical yet not too bold to make any assumptions. "Is that Nagito's shirt?"

"Oh, probably. Might've accidentally picked it up."

"I heard you guys are dating, though? Did you guys share a bed?" Hinata kind of just stared at her with a hint of disbelief, realizing he had somewhat been caught, he just nodded. Hinata didn't want to go into too many details right now, nor did Komaeda. 

He decided on telling her at a later date, a kind of time where they could all just laugh about it. He felt bad for keeping it a secret, although give it a few months or so and he'll reveal the truth, that was the route he wanted to take right now.

"You guys just slept in the same bed? Nothing else?"

"Um."

"Don't worry, I'll interrogate you more when you're comfortable."

"How reassuring." Hajime rolled his eyes before he felt something small hit his head, he looked at the object as it fell to the floor and noticed that it was a grape. He hesitantly glanced up just to see Nagito's grin, and before he knew it, he was dashing after the boy.

Maybe what happened at the beginning wasn't all too bad.

------

I hope you all enjoyed it, even if you didn't, thanks for reading! I quite like the entire chaptered book thing so I might try it again at some stage, thank you for the comments that kept me going, thank you once again.