Chapter 5 :)

okay smut next, sorry its not in this chapter ive been struggling to write recently 

It was great to finally be friends.

Within a few days, Hajime and Nagito had become super close. They had gone to a nightclub just to laugh at drunk dancers, the mall to find the dumbest things in thrift stores, and oh the list goes on.

For once, Hajime felt safe sleeping over. He didn't have Nagito glaring daggers at the back of his head anymore anytime he would talk to Chiaki, it was good to know that he was trusted.

Hinata heard a boom from the kitchen, his head shot up in shock coated with curiosity. "What was that?"

"Nothing, just blew up the microwave," Komaeda called back.

Hajime practically threw himself off of the sofa, Chiaki stayed put.

He dashed into the kitchen, trying to see if it was true, what was Nagito even doing that would cause such a thing? He paused upon arrival. "Um, It's in perfect shape?"

Komaeda grinned, "It just lit up for a second, no physical damage."

"Then why did you say you-"

"Anyways," Hinata felt a hand slap onto his back, in a non-harmful way, of course. "Let's get back to the living room, shall we?"

"Uhm, okay." Hinata didn't know why he was being so tense, Komaeda was just goofing around, he needed to stop being so skeptical still... They were friends now.

As they walked back to the main room, both of their eyes jumped to Chiaki; who was quite focused on something. That something being a phone.

"What are you doing on your phone?" Hinata asked Nanami, her attention was glued to it like a fascinated child. Usually, being on a device whilst with your friends is considered rude, but they were so inseparable to the point it didn't even matter.

"Texting Sonia, she wants me to come over. But, uh, you know. I'm with you guys so I don't really know what to say."

Komaeda snorted, "Ooooo-"

"Shut up!"

It was normal to think that Sonia had other intentions in mind, but she didn't. This was an actual heartfelt message, one that gave off the vibe of having a girls' night.

"Pfffft. You can go and see her, you can actually trust me and the idiot over there to get along."

He quickly felt a light shove from the side, followed by a: "Don't call me that!"

Chiaki rolled her eyes, standing up. "I'll be off then, thanks. Don't fight or anything."

They most likely wouldn't, but the chance was always there. Banter could very much be taken too far, on rare occasions, it was good to keep a cautious stance.

"We won't."

Yeah, they sure won't.

As soon as the door shut, Hajime felt a bit nervous. He had been left alone with Nagito several times as they hung out pretty often, but in a private area that wasn't in the public eye? That was a bit of a stretch.

There was a sudden ding from the kitchen, snapping Hinata out of his idle position, Komaeda went to investigate.

Hajime waited for a bit before trailing behind, watching as Nagito tried to get a PLASTIC packet of popcorn kernels from the microwave, he panicked as he dropped it from the burning sensation.

"Shit," Hajime ran over. "Are you okay?" He leaned down to pinch the popcorn from the corners, chucking it on the counter with such force to avoid injury as well.

"I'm okay, now you know why I wear oven gloves for everything."

"No, now you know why you don't put plastic in the microwave." Hinata deadpanned, holding onto Komaeda's hand to perhaps cool it off from the temperature of his own.

Komaeda sighed sarcastically, "Wow, but I'm so injured!" He teasingly pouted, "You're going to have to kiss it better."

"Piss off." Hinata groaned, immediately moving away to turn around, he was ready to go and collapse on the floor of the living room.

"Meanie beanie."

"Are you twelve?"

Nagito wheezed hysterically, sounding dehydrated, "Far from that."

"Then act like it," Hajime began dramatically strutting to the living room, he only got about halfway before he felt something 'attack' him.

The weapon in use here were arms, wrapping around his waist to pull him back, Hinata struggled; forcing him to fall. Nagito laughed as he watched the boy stumbled to the floor, in front of his shoes.

Hinata gave up, leaning back so the back of his head rested just underneath Komaeda's knee, he looked up with a furrowed expression. "You alright there?"

"Whatever." Hajime shuffled away, standing up, trying to act like he wasn't in the slightest pain from hitting the tiled floor.

Nagito's eyes were practically oozing out of his skull from trying not to laugh, "Where does it hurt? Let me kiss it-"

"No!" Hajime yelled, interrupting him. "Fuckin' weirdo."

Nagito playfully frowned, grabbing the abandoned popcorn on the counter, he opened the cabinet to grab a bowl. "Are you able to make toffee or caramel or some shit? I hate bland popcorn." He asked.

"I can, but have you never heard of salt?"

"Please?"

"Fine, christ." Hinata walked past the dumping of popcorn, rummaging through the same cabinet to find those little toffee candies. "I'll just melt these, it would take me a while to make it all from scratch."

He grabbed a ramekin of fair size, unwrapping a few candies just to chuck most of the bag in. He opened the microwave and popped it all in, this probably wasn't safe but oh well, sometimes you have to take stupid risks.

The humming sound could be heard, Hajime stared at the microwave with a blank expression. This wouldn't take too long, he also wanted to make sure he wouldn't ruin it or anything dumb.

As he was occupied, Komaeda examined him from top to bottom - it was strange yet interesting to see their different personalities clash, a sarcastic dude being buddies with an easily offended one who could barely take a joke.

Hinata pressed the button to open the machine door, making sure to try and grab only where the toffee hadn't gone up to, actually being smart and not burning himself.

That was until it suddenly spat, the toffee SPAT. It hit his lip, burning immediately; Hajime put the ramekin on the counter, wincing. "What happened?"

"It shot at me or something, my lip burns."

"Does it hurt?"

Hinata nodded, "Obviously." He suddenly grinned, coming up with a devious plan, he was finally going to commit to a joke. "Aren't you gonna kiss it better?"

Komaeda was caught off guard by this, shocked internally as he covered his surprise with laughter. So he COULD take a joke, good to know. "Okay, come here then."

Oh.

This went on for a few minutes, a back and forth of flirtatious jokes. 

It wasn't until Hajime was being backed into the living room that he realized the entire situation.