Chapter 6 ;)

smutty smut smut

Things had escalated.

"Nagito?"

He took a step back, not really knowing what's going on.

"Hey, Hajime." Komaeda continued backing Hinata up into the living room, no exact clear explanation as to why, to Hinata at least. Things had advanced from a simple back and forth, Hinata felt as if he couldn't make any jokes without being taken way too seriously.

However, It wasn't until Hajime couldn't walk backward anymore, a sofa in his way, that he took the entire situation into accountability. He didn't really know what was going on.

Heart pounding, the sweat beading at his hairline, he sputtered out a sentence. "What are you doing?" They didn't have a big height difference at all, although it still felt to Hajime as if Nagito was towering over him as if he was toddler height.

"Does your lip still burn?" Nagito's voice was scarily deep, Hajime was about to deny it, however, he felt bad lying or anything. They were so close, noses practically touching, they could basically count each other's eyelashes.

"Yeah."

Hinata began breathing heavily, it was as if the aircon had just shut off. Komaeda stepped away, giving him some space to not suffocate - snapping the atmosphere he had previously created. "Do you need medical attention or anything?"

Hinata stood dumbfounded for a second, although tried to shake it off as nothing, just cared for. "No, it'll pass eventually." He smiled, "It's just a small burn."

Of course, Nagito was about to do a little more than offering help, although in his defense; he was respecting Hajime's boundaries as he had made it clear that he was straight. Straighter than a roundabout.

No one actually believed that Hajime was straight, obviously.

"Alright, I'll go get the popcorn real quick."

Oh right, the popcorn. Hinata had forgotten about that, even if it was one of the reasons that caused his injury. Komaeda mixed the toffee and popcorn with a spatula, pouring the pieces into separate bowls evenly.

He exhaled before entering the living room, mind clouded with thoughts as to what they would do that night. He knew nothing would really happen, but it wasn't an issue to fantasize sometimes.

He handed one bowl to Hajime, keeping the other for himself, he knew Hajime hated sharing.

They sat on the two sofas opposite each other, how nostalgic. Komaeda scrolled through the television channels, a soft grip on the remote, he wasn't able to continue a conversation due to Hinata's blank expression.

He grew slightly worried from the silence, "Are you okay?"

"I'm good."

Hajime hadn't even touched his food, even if it was some of the most delicious stuff in the world... Something was going on if that wasn't clear enough.

Nagito glanced at him before tapping the spot next to him, motioning Hajime to sit next to him, "Come over here for a second." He wanted to get to the bottom of this, like some investigation, he was going to try and not interrogate, though.

Hinata was still silent, complying with the invitation without a word; something was on his mind, something more serious than usual. Komaeda was genuinely concerned, "What's on your mind?"

"...Nothing."

Hinata didn't know how to put it into words, it was embarrassing to say, especially to Komaeda. It wasn't even something he could tell Nanami, considering that she was related to the man in question after all.