Chapter 6

The south side of the Isle of the Lost was riddled with makeshift docks, levels of sea side shanties and market stalls selling sea glass and clam shells. This was the side of town that only pirates and the sea -oving outcasts played and where the name Captain Hook was spoken of with reverence and fear. His daughter had once run amok on these docks, Alya being the pirate to beat when it came to being called a true force of evil. But now that the VK's had been carried away to a better life in the sparkling state of Auradon, there was a new menace to society running the streets of the city for thieves.

People cowered and fled from the presence of one young man in particular, his fish scale tattoo a calling card for wickedness. He sauntered down the creaking dock boards, eyes sweeping from face to face, relishing as they barely managed to stumble out of his way. He snatched a scarf from one stall keeper, only to be thrown back in someone else's face. He snorted when another merchant ducked behind his stall before the young man descended from the second level dock to the lowest level.

Ursula's Fish and Chips sat sea side, equally run down and corroded by the sea salt air. The painted visage of the sea witch above the door was peeling and faded, the sign just above the door hanging lopsided but still readable: 'You Take 'Em How I Make 'Em." The young villain didn't bother batting an eye at it before he entered the restaurant.

Luka didn't flinch under the patron's stares when he entered his mother's restaurant. He merely pulled the curved knife from his belt to casually place it at the sword check by the door. They may be villains, but fighting in Ursula's restaurant was not something anyone wanted to risk.

The sea witch's son walked confidently across the main seating area towards the head table where he readily threw one of his younger sister's cronies to the ground after pulling him from his seat without batting an eyelash.

"Hey Luka," One crony said as Luka vaulted the main table to fiddle with the ancient-looking television on the back wall. The lackey in particular was a pink-haired girl in a purple fur-lined jacket, her teal snapback emblazoned with the purple words 'Medusa'. The blue-eyed girl watched the older pirate with a cunning grin where she sat with her custom sneakers thrown up on the long table. "Catch anything today?"

"We all know he can't catch anything but a cold," another voice mused. A dark-skinned young man was propped up on Luka's right, pushing up the nose of his glasses with a gloved finger. He was equally amused as he watched Luka, playing idly with the bone necklace he wore. "All he does is stare out at the mainland and think of -"

"Alix, Max," a sharp voice intervened from the kitchen door. Juleka glared at her two friends, both immediately going silent as she approached her older brother with a tray of fish and chips hastily thrown on it. The one eye seen from her fringe of purple dyed bangs bore into the other members of her gang. She threw the tray on the table before pressing her hands into its edging. "Shut up."

From behind her, Luka had managed to get the TV started, the picture crackling and faded but still clear. In living color, Juleka's nemesis played on the news channel, answering questions and decked out in fine Auradon clothes.

Juleka snatched some of the chips from Luka's tray, violently throwing them at the television with a snarl.

"Traitor!" Juleka howled at Marinette's visage.

"Poser," Alix echoed with a savage looking grin.

"Coward," Max added.

Juleka turned to the other members of the head table, her face hard as she addressed them. "Hello?"

The rest of the gang quickly arose with their own insults of the Daughter of Hades, all but Luka who merely chewed on his fish stick, hypnotized by Marinette. Juleka turned on him, looking insulted by his silence.