43

(((Edited•)))

  "Teddy? That makes no sense, Ravi," Kendall objects and I nod quickly.

"I know but I have a hunch, also Teddy's been acting very weird lately, as if there is something he wants to tell me but just can't sum up the guts to tell me," I explain.

"Fine then, you should ask him as soon as possible to clear up the doubt, but I really don't think Teddy would do something so stupid. Not to you,"

"I hope you're right Ken, I'm going to talk to him tomorrow so I don't have to kill myself with worry," I inform her but she shakes her head.

"Nope, because tomorrow we are going Summer Formal shopping. You, me, and Simmi," she makes a triangle between us three and I scan her face in disbelief.

"What? But that's still like 4 days to go,"

"Exactly my dear sister, we need to get it all in place ASAP, I think we should go to the city mall," she muses but I shake my head this time.

"There's nothing Indian in the city mall,"

She gives me a confused look, "What do you need anything Indian for?"

"I haven't really thought it over but I would like to wear a saree for the dance," I admit. She doesn't wait a second before she swings around to face the others.

"How stupid is it that Ravi wants to wear a saree to summer formal?" She asks. They all frown for a moment but Mara is the first to speak,

"Very stupid."

I roll my eyes at her but Kendall is satisfied with the reply and beams at me, "See? Extremely stupid,"

"Actually, I think it would be a great stunt," Simmi expressed and Ken and Mara frowned deeply at her.

"I mean, I could bet a hundred dollars that no one else in the dance will wear a saree, and Ravi has never worn one before right?" She turns to ask me and I shake my head.

"It was a Punjabi, but no, not a saree," I correct.

"A saree would work quite beautifully," Raman adds. It's my turn to beam at Kendall.

"Ok, you guys are just saying this because you grew up in an environment where it wasn't even a question to wear a saree. Ravi could end up looking like a fool,"

"I think I can pull it off," I find myself feeling very courageous regardless of Kendall's obvious disapproval.

"But sarees are too elaborate for a school dance. What are you 30? This isn't a marriage ceremony," Mara mumbles.

"I'm sure we can find a simple one, simple enough for a dance at least," Simmi assures.

"Ok, then fine, a saree it is, where the hell are we supposed to get it?" Kendall questions.

"My mum knows this fabulous Indian boutique nearby. It has more than sarees, it also has accessories and jewelry too. I mean if you are going for the Indian look you've gotta do it well right?"

"That's awesome Simmi. It's settled then, we'll go tomorrow. I'm going upstairs to sleep so please don't wake me up unless extremely necessary ya? Good night," I clear my plates and go upstairs to my room.

It's only when I have my shower and I'm ready for bed that I open my phone to check my messages. I've got 6 from Luca.

Are you angry at me?😞

I'm really sorry, I don't know what I did wrong.

Are you ghosting me now Raviiii???