14

(((Edited•)))

    Ugh.
 I turn around on my bed but the bright light from the sun is after me. Would it kill anyone if I just had a moment more of sleep??
I resign to my faith and sit up, rubbing the blur out of my eyes.
  Someone came to draw the curtains earlier, those busy bodies.

    I get up and I'm greeted with a terrible picture of a girl on the wall. Her eyes are swollen and have bags under them and her hair's like a bird nest. Ugh even her clothes are terrible, who wears skirts to sleep and God she has drool all over her face.

Wait. OHMYGOD!  The Girl's me?

The girl is me!!

I make a dash to the toilet and run the water for my bath as I quickly scrub my teeth. This is a sign, today's gonna be terrible.

****
  After succeeding to brush the roots away from my hair and put on the uniform...(it has a skirt bad sign) I head downstairs where my wonderfully caring family are eating breakfast. Note my sarcasm.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I say the moment I grab my plate.
  "Good morning to you too." Grandma mutters and I echo it with a raise of my eyebrows, of course all the while making sure she does not see the gesture.

  "Honey you slept like a log of wood last night–"

  "And also appeared to wake up like a scarecrow." Mara murmured loud enough for us to hear and me and mum sent her glares.

  "–and you didn't even come for dinner. I thought maybe something awful happened so I didn't want to wake you up for school." Mum finishes and dad nods behind her.

"Did something happen?" He asks when I sit down and start off my pancakes. I glance up at him and notice his left hand twitching, that only happens when he's nervous.

"No. Nothing serious." I answer, eyes still on his hands. He notices it and slowly drops it under the table.

We lock eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asks, breaking our contact. Before I can nod Aunt SanJ swallows her orange juice and shakes her head hysterically.

"Uh uh. Ravi won't you tell them about your argument with Teddy?"

My parents look like their eyes are about to pop.

I swallow my own pancake mid chew and give Aunt SanJ a significant glance.
"Yeah we had a little disagreement," I say, pushing my pancake down to my stomach with a full glass of orange juice.
"It must have been huge since you didn't come to eat." Kendall says with a raised eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"I would never miss food for Teddy ok? I was asleep, you said so yourself." I defend and mum nods, obviously worried, but not willing to press it.

  This is what I hate about my friendship with him, it's like since our parents are friends, we always have to be. And when we have arguments they butt in and try to settle it for us.

"Either way, talk to him today ok?" Dad says and starts eating again. See? Talk to him today. They didn't even ask why we argued. Not like I would have told them but still, they assume it's my fault. It just has to be because Teddy is incapable of hurting me.

  I vent my anger on my pancakes even as I feel Grandma's eyes on me.

Breakfast is more or less silent after that, except for Raman and Mara's occasional chuckles about something, and their constant tapping the table.
  I glance up at them again, ready to lunge at them when I realize they aren't just tapping the table.

  They're doing Morse codes. Codes that Mara explicitly refused to show me. She showed him?! Or no, maybe he already knew it. She couldn't possibly have taught him and not me...right?

  I mean it's Amara, anything is possible.

  Before I can do anything about this realization Luca horns outside and mum raises her head.
  "Ravi who are these guys who keeps picking you up?" She asks and I frown as I pick up my bag.

"Mum there's only one guy and he's my..." I pause, my what? Boyfriend? We never agreed on that.
  Of course Mara fills in for me.
"He is her male friend,"
Or rather not.

Mum looks up at me with a smile. "New friend?"

"Yes mum," I look to her. "Aren't you coming, Luca's waiting."

She shakes her head eagerly, "I'm staying home with the others today."
It's only after she says it that I realize that they're all in their PJ's.

"We're shooting my first YouTube video," Simmi says with that goody two shoes smile and my grip around the bag tightens.

Luca horns again.

"Honey I'm pretty sure there are two people in that car. Will you be ok?" Mum asks, turning to look at me again. I nod, half believing her.
Maybe he brought Nelson or someone.

"You'll introduce us to him soon?" Dad asks as I start walking out, avoiding my gaze.

"Sure." And then I slap the door shut.

Although I'm practically seething from feelings unknown to me, I don't have time to think about it because mum was right,there is someone else in Luca's car and the person is definitely not Nelson. It's a girl.

"Hey." I say as I climb into the car, I have only a second to look at him though because as a reply her reaches forward and kisses me on the lips. A short, millisecond kiss which leaves me staring at him, and then I notice that he's more fidgety than normal.

"Hello Ravi." The girl says and I quickly close the door and smile at her. But it's quickly replaced with a look of shock because it's like I'm looking at a female Luca.

"Hi." I say, looking at Luca now, for explanation.

"Uh Ravi meet my older sister, Rachel." He says and starts driving away from my lawn.

I smile at Rachel.

Luca has an older sister.
Luca has a sister?

Rachel's hair is a mixture somewhere between blonde and brown. And she wears it just like Jennifer Anniston when she was playing Rachel Green. She had brown eyes like Luca but hers we're almost creamy, and so deep I could get lost in them and then her head had that oval shape but were slightly edgy at her jaws and her cheekbones were high. In short, she had the head that could rock a Jennifer Anniston cause, that, she did well.

"Rachel is stopping by to visit a friend around here so I just took her along since, you know, this is your route." He continues and I almost laugh noting that he was nervous. Rachel definitely got it out of him.

"Yeah. No problem, it's nice to meet you Rachel." I say, regaining my normal self and Rachel smiles down at me, her small lips spreading wide.

"Same here. I'm happy my brother finally had the sense to date a girl who's actually pretty, not plastic." She says all this slowly. Drawing every word out, as if to prove a point. But it's not annoying, it's quite endearing.

"Yikes." I say feeling quite fly. She thinks I'm actually pretty, even on my bad hair days.

Luca growls behind the wheel and we laugh at him.

"I'm almost at my stop. Why don't we meet some other time Ravi?" She asks me and I glance at Luca, that might not be a good idea. She might see through me or worse, we'll both get attached and then when it's time to end things, it'll be terrible.
But then again,I couldn't possibly say no.

"Sure," she beams and tells Luca pull up.

"I'll surprise you." She says to me before getting down.

The moment Luca drives off I turn to him, all my bad vibe pouring back into me.

"Why the hell did you Kiss me?"