48

(((Edited•)))

   Ken and I zip the last suitcase for our trip and give it to Simmi to take downstairs. We're going to Aunt Laura's place today, and it's during our stay there, with Amba around that I plan on telling mum about Teddy. For now, though, I have an appointment to see through.

Luca and I have video called every day since Summer Formal but we decided to see each other before I travel, I picked the place- the beach.

   He's throwing stones into the water when I arrive and I sneak up on him, jumping on his back.

"Ravi!" He laughs, surprisingly able to still stand straight regardless of my surprise.

"How did you know it was me?" I ask, resting my head on his shoulders so he can see my face, my hair all over his body.

"Your bangles," he says. Ah, my bangles. I wear them every day now, as well as the Punjabis I bought, I now have an entire wardrobe full of them.

"So I've got at least an hour with you," I inform him as I jump off his back.

"Just an hour?"

"At least," I add. His hair is as scattered as ever but he has a new look to him. Something I can't quite place.

"You look different," I admit and he beams.

"Maybe it's the pure happiness that comes from having a wonderful girlfriend,"

"Maybe,"

"And maybe because I woke up to several college brochures on my table." he says after a moment and I pause. This is the first time he's mentioning college to me.

"Really? Who put them there?"

"My brother. Have you thought of the school you're going to?" He throws another rock.

"Not yet actually, it has to be an Ivy League though,"

"I wanna go to Stanford, my brother's there too."

"Really? What do you wanna read?" I can't start to think of what he's going to study, he doesn't really talk about it.

"Architecture, my dad thinks it's not worth it but I like it, I like it a lot. Dad says I should try a career in football though,"

"That's rare, a parent encouraging his child to be an athlete. Whichever way I'm sure you'll be the best. " I assure him and he allows himself to grin.

"What about you? What do you wanna read?" He asks.

I throw two stones before I give him my answer, "I want to study English literature," I inform him.

"Really? But you're a math freak," he makes me stop throwing so I can face him.

"I am, I know. But I don't like math, not like I love reading novels or painting. I'm more artistically inclined,"

"Ok, then but what will your parents say?"

"I don't know, but they can't change my mind, it's my calling. My sister's going to Princeton to study cosmetology. They didn't oppose her." I tell him and he nods.

"You'd make a great artist. Whatever you choose to do, you know I'm right behind you."

"I know," I smile.

"Forever," he adds.

"There's no Love in Forever, keep it short-termed," I'm afraid he'll take it the wrong way but he smiles wider at me.

"Ok then, a month,"

"Way too short, let's say a year,"

"And if we're still here in a year?"

"Then we can make it another year," he laughs before he kisses me warmly on my forehead.

"Come on, let me walk you home," he lazily rests one arm around my shoulder and I wrap my own arm around his waist and we walk to my home. Smiling all the way there.

THE END.