😈ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4😈

The next day, while she is going to school, she could not find Mary Sue anywhere. It is still early, so she decides to read some pages of her book, before the lessons. The novel is dark, deep, intriguing, passionate, she had never read something like that before, but she is not sure if she likes it or not.

"I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched..."

Someone takes her book away from her hands.

"Hey babe, how are you doing?" Bowers is making fun of her.

She was so focused on her reading that she did not notice Henry, Victor and Belch close to her.

Belch has her book upside down in his hands.

"What is this?" Henry asks.

"It's actually a good novel, I'm sorry you won't be able to appreciate it, giving the fact you can't read"

She hears someone saying. With horror, she realizes the words come out from her mouth. She did not want to do that, really. She felts just like Richie, Trashmouth, like people use to call him. Victor stops breathing, Bowers feels uneasy, considering the fact that he failed his last school year. His eyes are so intense that it is impossible for her to look into them.

"I really don't like the way you talk. Keep talking to me like that, next time you will pay it for sure"

Belch giggles while he puts Angie's book inside his jacket's pockets. She feels powerless, that book belongs to the library. And now? Damn Bowers. The three of them leave her with her thoughts in her mind.

Angie is very worried, she is known as an excellent student, she cannot imagine what Mrs Young, the librarian, could said. She could imaginate her disappointed face. ("I did not expect that from you, Angie") Besides, if she cannot read the books, she cannot even write the analysis for Mrs Douglas.

Mary Sue arrives.

"Sorry, I'm late. My dad had to do some stuff before work, you know, it's a crazy moment, all those missing kids..."

Mary Sue's dad works in Derry's police department.

"Are you ok? You look a bit pale"

"Yes, of course"

Angie does not want to tell her what had happened before, she does not want her friend to worry. Moreover, she feels that it is a challenge between Bowers and her. She does not want him to hear that she had asked her best friend to help her, she does not want him to think she is weak. The bell rings, Angie has history as first period. Like a sort of twist of fate, Victor Criss is in her same course. She had never talked to him, obviously, being part of Bower's gang, she does not even have the confidence to look in his eyes. She has just two hours of history every week, (considering the fact that Victor skips most of them), she does not see him very often. She enters the classroom, and she notices there are not many people, that makes her plan a bit easier. She sees him at the bottom of the classroom, drawing something on his desk with a pencil. She breaths, and she goes towards him.

"A civil conversation between adults", she thinks. What could happen?

Angie slowly walks towards the bottom of the classroom, and she sits down at the desk in front of him. Frowned, Victor watches her. Angie usually sits in the first row, a book in front of her, ready to take notes. Many of the other students notice that change. Why is Tozier, teacher's pet, talking to him? When she sits down he smells her lavander parfume. She slowly turns her head, but not completely, she isn't ready to meet his eyes.