"The Letter"

Ertugrul approached Halime Sultan. She was crying her heart out. He just can't see her crying.

Halime's legs begun to tremble and suddenly she was on her knees. She put both her hands on ground as she allowed her body to melt in sorrow.

Ertugrul leaned down until he was eye level to her. He felt the tension in her body.

She looked at him with big tears in her eyes.
" I left him saying harsh things to him...",she continued.

S T A B B E D

Her tears were like a stabbed arrow in his heart. He can't stand the sight of her weeping. He quickly broke the eye contact and looked towards her hand. She was scratching the grass out of frustration. He sighed. He could understand she was frustrated and exhausted at her fate. Her life had been really hard on her. She bravely faced every problem with his father and brother but now his father is no more. She left her father, did against to his wish just because of him and his love.

He grabbed her hand softly which made her look into his eyes again. Words were not needed... words were never really needed between them ,her eyes were saying everything loud enough that may be not his ears but his heart could hear.

'My father spent most of his life escaping from enemies. He never really cared about him and he was living for me and Yigit only. He once in his life wanted to stop living this life of chasing and running. He wanted to live in peace that's why he did what he did. Was that too much to ask. It was not his fault, right?', her eyes were pouring these words in his heart.

Ertugrul lowered his eyelashes before again looking in her eyes. Signalling both that he was agree with her and He wanted her to stop crying.

Halime couldn't help a small gasp that escaped from her lips. She was content he understood her and his father's earlier actions. She quickly wiped away tears from her face.

Meanwhile, Aykiz came there. She was told what happened and she quickly came to comfort her friend since no one would do that beside Ertugrul of course.

Suddenly Halime remembered something .

" Yigit...my brother", she managed to chock out holding back her tears. She didn't want to cry again in front of Ertugrul but she could not help. Her brother is just a kid. She could not even comprehend the dilemma he must've been gone through.

Ertugrul said to Aykiz:" Took Halime Sultan to her yurt. I will send Yigit there. Please don't leave her side until I or she said so."

Aykiz nodded as she helped Halime Sultan to stand on her legs . She took Halime with her motioning towards her yurt.

Ertugrul watched her until she faded away from his gaze. Things had really turned out bizarre for them. He walked inside the marquee of Sulayman Shah. He needed to get some answers from Hafsin Pasha.

In Halime's Yurt

Aykiz made Halime sit on the thier traditional couch. She got her some water. Halime drank it after sobbing a little.

Aykiz (with concern): " Are you alright Halime?" She knew that this was just a rhetorical question. She was certainly not well.

Halime looked at her and answers rhetorically :" Yes I am alright, Thank you Aykiz for being here."

Aykiz said softly:" You don't need to thank me Halime. It is my duty. We are friends."

Halime (trying to distract her mind):" So you are not mad at me anymore. I mean...it was slightly because of me ,the crusaders caught Turgut."

Aykiz felt her chest being heavy at the mentioning of her fiance's name.

Aykiz ( with a softer tone):" It was not your mistake Halime. Don't be guilty and by the way I have full faith in Allah that he would get Turgut back to me safe and sound through Ertugrul bhai."

Halime nodded:" Insha Allah Aykiz."

Yigit entered the yurt. He was too eager to see her sister that he forgot to take permission first.

Halime got up and approached towards her brother.  She quickly took him in a tight embrace. She held his slim body in her arms as if he would disappear anytime.

Yigit felt hot tears begun to form in his eyes. ' No... he needs to be strong. He won't cry.' He repeated those words again and again in his head. He placed one arm around her sister's  shoulder. They both stood there like that for a long time, not uttering a word with unshed tears in their eyes. Just how many problems they along with their father, have faced. How many traps they escaped with eachother. How many lonely nights they have spent in only eachother's company. And now one of the three had left them to weep alone. They reassured themselves by saying it was for his own good. Now he would get the peace and contentment he longed for years. His time of struggle has ended. Now there is only releif for him. They only wish from Allah that he forgive him for his witting or unwitting mistakes and placed him high in heaven.

In the next morning

Sulayman Shah, Ertugrul , Gundogdu and all the beys of kayi tribe were present in the head quarters to finalize the punishment for the traitor Nasir.

Before they could begin the headquarters ,they heard the beating of drums. They wondered who could be there.

Abur Rahman eneterd the marquee to told Sulayman Shah that there is a letter for Sulayman Shah and Ertugrul from Halep.

Sulayman Shah looked at Ertugrul and then signalled Abur Rahman to give the letter.

The marquee filled with the voice of people murmuring with each other thinking what was written in the letter? Was it about Nasir?

Who has sent that letter? What is written inside the letter? We will find out in the next chapter.

A/N: Since I am getting a very little response on this story. I am taking time to upload the  chapters. If you want quick upload than please show some support. You were very supportive when I started this.
Don't mind, still love ya guys.