Chapter 3: Finding Out

*The Next Day*

Nerissa's POV.

It's 7:30 and I thought I should start to get ready. I'm really nervous. This is my first date and I really don't know what I'm doing. I wonder where he's taking me. I hope I'm not too under or over dressed. It's not like I have nice clothes anyway. Honestly, what I'm wearing isn't what I'm worried about. I'm worried about me being able to control myself and not attack anyone . I really want Damien to like me but I don't know how much longer I can hide that I'm a vampire. Once he finds out, I know for a fact that he's going to go running for the hills. It hurts just thinking about it because I don't want to be lonely again. When we were talking yesterday, I felt like a person again. It was the same feeling I had when I was talking to Sam, and honestly it's one of the best feelings ever. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I remember his eyes and his smile and it's crazy. The thing is, I don't even know what the outcome of tonight is going to be. But now it's 7:58 so I think it would be smart for me to make my way to the park. I'm so nervous that my body is actually shaking. Is that the reason why I'm shaking ? Or am I anxious to get a taste of his blood? Only god knows.

Damien's POV.

I'm at the park waiting for Nerissa and I'm really nervous. I'm scared that I will say or do anything to make her not want to be with me. I've decided to not let that google images thing get to my head. Although it is a bit suspicious, there's no way that Nerissa can be a vampire. But I do still believe that there are some out there. Ever since yesterday I couldn't get her out of my head. All I could think about was her smile and how bright her eyes were. I think she is the most beautiful girl I've seen yet. She had this unique look to her that made me want to talk to her even more. I'm hoping everything goes well with our date tonight because that can ruin our chances of getting close. Its 8:05 and I see her walking towards me. I stand up from the bench I was sitting on and gave her a hug. I know I was moving a bit too fast by giving her a hug. But I felt like I had to because I was tempted to do so much more. She smelled so good I thought it was hard for me to pull away. When I finally let her go I looked at her and she was smiling.
"Hey, you ready to go?" I said to her and smiled back.

"Yeah where are we going?" She asked.

"I was thinking dinner and a movie. Is that alright?" I asked her. She was a bit shorter then me so I had to look down at her the whole time. I didn't mind it at all though.

"Oh I'm not much of an eater, but the movies is fine." She replied

"Alright, save me some money." I said and laughed a little, she laughed also. "You ready?" I asked

"Yeah , sure." She said. So far this date is a bit awkward. It's like I don't know what to say. When we started walking towards my car she stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"This is your car?"She said. She didn't even look at me her eyes were glued to the car.

"Yeah this is my car." I said and started to laugh. We started walking again

"I'm guessing you come from a rich family." She said. Thank god one of us is actually starting a conversation.

"Not really,it's just me and my dad. We both always had jobs so money wasn't really a problem." I said as we both got into the car and I started to drive off.

"What about your mom?" She asked. I don't know why , but whenever someone brought up my mom, I just had this care free feeling. Like it doesn't even matter that she's gone. I do miss and love her but I'm never sad about it.

"She died when I was young, so it's always only been me and my dad." I replied

"Oh... I'm sorry for your loss." She said