Chapter 1: Introduction

Nerissa's POV.

Ever since my transformation, nothing's been the same. I had to run away from home, drop out of school, and never see my friends and family again. I was reported missing and found only once. But I'm too fast for anyone to catch me. It's been 2 months and I'm alone every single day. This has to be the worst feeling any human can face. But here's the thing. Im not a human, I'm a vampire. My name is Nerissa, from what I remember, I'm 17 and I'm not all that tall. I was transformed on the last day of Junior high. Ever since that night everything about me has been different. I've gotten more pale, my eye color changes at the most random times, strangely my hair grew a lot longer and bright. It looks like it has more life then me. I tend to have mood swings and I have extreme cravings for blood. Im not the type to kill humans so I just go after animals. Although I've been tempted to go after them, that's why I try to keep my distance. It's too bad though because I always dreamed of finding the right guy, settling down, and starting my own family. I don't think anyone is going to want to be with someone who is practically dead. To be honest I don't want to be with someone who would feel like they're in danger just by being in my presence. If this is how the rest of my life is going to be... I don't think I want to live it.

Damien's POV.

First day back to School and I'm ready for the unexpected. My name is Damien , Im 18 and I'm white with hazel eyes. At school I'm like Mr. Popular , but I do have my nerd ways. I'm interested in fiction and fantasy. You know things that aren't real and stuff like that. Especially vampires. I've done research over the summer and I do believe that there are some out there. But I'm not going to let that get into my head , I'm going to focus on school and of course the ladies. I walk into school and see the same old thing and the same old people. Here comes my friend Anthony. I guess you can say he's like the ladies man. Every time you see him he's with a different girl.
" Well look who's here, my man Damien finally decided to show up." He yelled coming towards me and Dapping me up.
"Wassup man, I haven't seen you in awhile." I said. I don't know why, but I don't feel like I can be myself when Im around him, or anyone at that. Everyone expects me to be some super cool jock when that's not who I am.
" I know, I feel like you've been avoiding me or something." He said. He's right, over the summer I tried to stay away from everyone and have some me time. No one really knows about me and this fiction thing so I wanted to focus on only that at the time.
"It's not that, I just had a lot of stuff on my mind that's all. I felt like I needed some me time. But why are we just standing here, we better get to class before we get a detention on the first day." I said trying to end the conversation.
"Aight man let's go." He said putting me in a head lock and running towards the classroom door. I wish there was one person out there that I can be myself around and would accept me for who I am.

Nerissa's POV.

This running thing is amazing. It's like I can run for days and never feel tired. I wonder if this is how animals feel. Free and unlimited. I guess this is the only thing that I like about being vampire. Well that and my new hair. In the middle of the night I like to go the park and sit by the lake. I can't even see my own reflection, but I still like looking at the water. I go in the middle of the night because no one is really out and I don't have to feel like I'm putting anyone in danger. At time to time I see a boy here. But he stays far away from me. I always have to try my best to not attack him. But his scent is so addicting. This is my 5th night seeing him here and I wonder why he's always up and out so late. He looks around my age and he's actually really cute. But he's probably going to be too scared to even talk to me. I mean if you see a pale girl with bright scary eyes just walking around in the middle of the night would you try and talk to her. There's something different about him though. My body gets a weird feeling when I'm near him. It's more of a killing urge, It's like I want him and I NEED to have him. But like I said Im not the type to go after humans, but he was just attracting me in the most unbelievable ways that I don't think I can handle.