Chapter 6: Saving You

Nerissa's POV.

"Damien wake up!" I screamed repeatedly. But he's just not waking up. I don't know what happened. Everything just went by so fast. I started to look for his phone so I could call 911 and then I noticed there was blood on his pants. I started to look for where It came from and I noticed a large scrape on his wrist and blood dripping down fast. I started shaking, there's no way this could be happening. His blood is on my hands and I'm trying my absolute hardest not to take a little taste. If I stay here any longer I know for sure that I'm going to do something that I was trying not to do since the day I met him. I ripped a large piece of the bottom of his shirt leaving the bottom half of his stomach to be revealed. I can't say I wasn't shocked by how well built he was. But I can't get distracted by this, he's hurt and I should be focusing on getting him help. I wrapped the piece of clothing around the wound. His body cringed because of my actions. I sighed in relief to know that I didn't loose him completely. Right as I was about to pick him up and throw him over my shoulders I heard screaming and two people running towards us. I noticed one of them was Sam but I have no clue who the other guy is.

"NERISSA!" She yells. "Oh my goodness what happened?!" She continues when she got closer and noticed Damien.

"I-I don't know, I just found him like this and wrapped his arm. I think someone or something cut him." I said, my eyes started to burn up. The boy kneels down on one knee and checks his wrist for a pulse. His facial expressions looks worried so I know this is not going to be good.

"We gotta get him to the hospital." He said while standing and dusting off his pants. He pulls Damien up from the ground and drags him to the car. He was moving too slow for me, I could've thrown him over my shoulders and ran to the hospital faster than this. Once we got to the car I got in the back seat and the boy drags him in and rests his head on my lap. Him and Sam gets in the front seat and drives off. I can't stop looking at Damien. I know that I didn't do this to him, but I feel nothing but guilty. I should've stayed and none of this would've happened. I moved his hair from his face and just looked at him. I can't believe he did all of this for me. I guess he cared about me more than I thought. I still don't know if I can stay with him. But I also don't know if I can leave him again. He probably would just go looking for me and get hurt . I hope he's alright. Although it doesn't look good right now, Damien has to pull through. I don't know if I could be happy with myself knowing that he died on my account. He's not moving a muscle but we should be at the hospital soon. They should know what to do with him. I was just starring at him the rest of the car ride. Once we arrived at the hospital the boy came around and got Damien out the car, none of us said a word to each other and it's making things very awkward. I could honestly care less about them at this point my focus is only on Damien. While the boy was trying to carry Damien inside three doctors came to us. One of them was running and the other two was carrying a stretcher. I guess they saw us struggling from inside.

"What happened here?" The male doctor asked us while the other two put him on the stretcher.

"He was cut on his wrist and lost a lot of blood." I said , I felt Sam put her hand on my shoulder. I guess she could tell that I was nervous because I was shaking like crazy.

"Get him to room 409 with Sharon." He told the other two doctors. They nodded their heads and walked away with Damien. "I'm sorry that this happened. Who are you?" He asked me. I was hesitant to answer. I don't really know what we are to be honest. I can't say we're friends because they probably won't let me go see him.

"I'm Nerissa, his girlfriend." I replied while shaking his hands. "Is he going to be alright?" I asked

"I don't know ma'am it looks pretty bad, I can assure you that we will do the best that we can." He says. I nod and put my head down. Not having the doctor tell me he's going to be alright frightens me and makes me think there's a chance that I might loose him.