Truth

Chapter 3

Location: Stormi's House

Stormi's POV:

I tried to sink into the dark truth behind Mark's grandfather's death. Could my father be the one behind such a crime? As much as I wanted to believe that Nelly's words were nothing but lies, I kept asking myself why he formed such hatred towards Mark's team and soccer. It pains me not to know the full truth. My father loved soccer when he was a kid, I used to hear stories about how he kicked around his first ball and how much he admired his father. But, one day his heart for the sport he adored turned cold. I couldn't sleep so i decided to sneak into his office and go on his computer. His password was obvious. "I hate soccer" I mean anyone could have guessed that. As I was digging for information, I stopped on the page where it was all reported. Right before the finals, they crashed. That couldn't have been a coincidence. I noticed that he was trying to get the page to shut down, meaning nobody would be able to reach it and investigate what has happened. Why would he do this if it didn't have anything to do with him? I decided to leave the truth to be unfolded by him, but then I saw a file that said "Project Y", before I was even able to load the screen is was deleted. What? Maybe I'm just seeing things now. I should go clear my head.

Stormi decided to go to the Royal Academy's field and kick around the ball to get her mind off things. She figured everyone was asleep and wanted to do one of her killer moves. She kicked the ball high in the air while following it. After a few swirls and grey/black smoke appearing her foot met the ball

Stormi: Dark Heaven!

Kicking it into the goal causing it to rip through, hit the wall, and deflate. She suddenly heard a gasp behind her. While turning around her eyes meet with a guy with goggles and a cape.

Stormi: Who are you?
Cape guy: I was about to ask you the same question?
Stormi: I'm Ray Dark's daughter.
Jude: Oh, My bad I'm Jude Sharp. Captain of the Royal Academy's team.
Stormi: So you're the one my father won't stop talking about. The one he claims to be the sharpest of them all.
Jude: It would seem as I am the guy. Now before we part ways, how were you able to do that shot?
Stormi: I come here every night while everyone is asleep and practice. It eases my mind and makes me happy.
Jude: Shots like those should be forbidden. It could destroy your body.
Stormi: Maybe for guys like you, as for me I don't feel pain.
Jude: What are you?
Stormi: A person that just connects to soccer. But, please don't let my father hear about this and our encounter! He will freak out and I might face consequences.
Jude: No worries! I will cover the mess up for you. I will say I came here late to practice before the game against Zeus tomorrow.
Stormi: Thank you Jude. I'll make it up to you one day I promise.
Jude: The only way you'll be able to make this one up to me is playing soccer with me one day.
Stormi: Deal! Also win that game tomorrow! I'm counting on you.
Jude: I will! Better get going now. Nice meeting you Stormi.
Stormi: Likewise.

Stormi POV:

What a guy. He would go as far as covering up my mess up just to get one game with me in the future. Was he really as sharp as my father claimed him to be. I will find out soon, hopefully. Wait for me Jude, I will show you how true soccer is played.

»The Next Day»

Location: Stormi's Room