Better Than The Gods

Chapter 9

Location: Stormi's Room

Stormi's POV

I'm still in bed thinking about what happened with Axel yesterday. What is wrong with me? He was just being nice, nothing more. You can't like two guys Stormi! This isn't helping me. Maybe if I think of it in a way that he has no interest in me and that he kissed me as a friend? I mean he did just kiss me on the cheek. You like Jude not Axel...both? Ugh! I have to get ready for practice.

Stormi got dressed and made her way to the Riverbank.

Location: Riverbank

Mark: Stormi you made it! For a second I thought you weren't going to show up.
Stormi: And why wouldn't I show up?
Mark: The practice started 30 minutes ago.
Stormi: Really? I'm sorry it's just my mind has been occupied this morning.
Mark: No worries. Warm up and then you can join us.

Stormi decided to run around the field which also helped her sort out some thoughts. Meanwhile Axel decided to ask his friend for some advice.

Axel: You got a minute?
Jude: Sure, what's up?
Axel: I know it's a bit soon to say anything, but do you think Stormi would be interested in a guy like me?
Jude: You like Stormi?
Axel: Not in that way...All I did was take her out for ice cream and- just answer my question.
Jude: It's too soon to say anything.
Axel: Thought so but thank you for the talk.

Jude's POV
Axel and Stormi like each other? There's no way Stormi fancies him over me. I saw the way her eyes sparkled while she spoke with me, and I don't see that with them. If they seem to be hitting it off, I'll let them have it. I was just too slow. Maybe things will turn around.

Everyone was working hard when suddenly they hear a familiar voice.

Sue: HELLO! I KNOW YOU GUYS MISSED ME.
Silvia: Sue! I didn't think you would come back so soon.
Sue: I just missed you guys so much I had to come back. Too bad my Eric darling isn't here, It feels like ages since I've seen him.
Celia: I'm sure he will be back soon.
Sue: Great!
Mark: Great to see you again.
Sue: Of course! Who's the new girl?
Stormi: Stormi Dark, but you can call me Storm.
Sue: That last name sounds familiar.
Stormi: Anyways are you here to help us practice?
Sue: Oh for sure, but I have to ask!

Sue gets really close to Stormi and whispers.

Sue: Which boy here has caught your eye?
Stormi: Wouldn't you want to know.
Jack: I want to be part of the conversation. What did she say?
Will: I'm quite interested as well.
Steve: There is no way they are going to tell us.
Jim: Sue asked who Stormi has feelings for.
Todd: You have got to stop creeping up like that!
Will: Does that mean I finally have a chance? This is my moment! Mother I-
Stormi: Guys look!
Will: Why are you interrupting my heartfelt speech?
Stormi: Seriously, look in the sky! What is that?

There was a black ball covered in purple smoke approaching their way. Everyone starred directly at it as the ball kept coming closer and closer.
Stormi noticed that it was going to destroy the field, and jumps up meeting the ball trying to kick it away from the field and her friends. The power the ball held within itself was beyond what Stormi imagined it to be. The smoke spread all across the field. Nothing could be seen. Stormi used all her strength to set the ball off in a different direction. It drained her energy by the second. The ball lost it's sense of direction. The team screamed out for Stormi and when the mist cleared, she was laying in the middle of the field. Concerned was painted onto everyone's faces. Jude and Axel ran out first as fast as they could to check her breathing while Nelly immediately called the ambulance.

Hey guys I'm sorry these updates are taking long. My finger is still injured and I'm trying to do best i can to upload. I love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter.

-Tiny