I Don't Trust Her

Chapter 2

Location: Stormi's House

Stormi's POV:

Father seemed quite proud of me as I did make it as team manager. But, the more I watch Mark and the team play I can't help but wonder how it would be like to be on the field and pass around the ball with them. The passion in their eyes, the smiles on their faces even when they don't score a goal is sparking a feeling within me that can't be overlooked. What am I thinking? Father would be disappointed in me if he heard me imagining such things. I have to hack into their data before suspicions arise. But before that, I must do what a manager would do. First, help out the team.

Location: Riverbank

Stormi carefully observed the team play and noticed that they were slightly out of sync.

Stormi: If this is how you plan to play in your next match against Royal Academy, well that is if they win against Zeus Jr. then I can guarantee victory will not be yours.

Everyone shockingly glanced at Stormi. As for Dragonfly, he did not seem quite pleased with her commentary.

Kevin: Oh yeah? How would you know that? You know nothing about soccer.
Mark: Kevin it's okay. Stormi, what do you mean by that?
Stormi: Now now little Dragon, I wouldn't have become a manager if I wasn't slightly interested in the game of soccer don't you think?
Nathan: She's got a point.
Stormi: Of course I do. Now, Kevin when you're passing the ball to the boy with white hair mmm what's your name?
Axel: I'm Axel. Axel Blaze.
Stormi: Blaze huh? Well, pleasure to meet you. Anyways, When passing the ball to Axel slow down two beats. For those passing it down to Nathan, speed up to four beats. I want you to look at their speed and movements. All of you have improved your technique while training, some more than others which causes an unbalance. If you fail to read one another's ability on the field, I'm sorry to say but you have no chance of going up against your next opponent.
Mark: How did you? This is great guys! Let's get on that field and improve ourselves. We will win the next game! I believe in us.
Team: Yeah!

As the team scattered across the field, Nelly the original manager of the soccer club came up to Stormi.

Nelly: Hello there! I'm Nelly Raimon. Do you mind if we chat a bit?
Stormi: Sure.
Nelly: I was wondering what your full name was? I didn't quite catch it, since I wasn't here when you were introduced to the team.
Stormi: Stormi is all you need to know. Nice to meet you Nelly.

Nelly's POV

It is quite odd that she knows so much about soccer and how they should play when she's only a manager. Maybe I'm thinking way too much into this, but I don't trust her. Ever since Raimon's victory against Royal, I wouldn't doubt that their every move is being watched. But, who are you Stormi? What business do you have around here? I will have to dig deeper into who this mystery girl is.

Stormi: Jack may I have a word with you?

As Stormi was talking one on one with Jack, the team started having talks of their own and questioning what is going on.

Nathan: Is it bad that I feel nervous for Jack?
William: I think it's kind of weird that she's the one giving our orders and not the coach.
Todd: Yeah! He is just sitting there and observing.
Axel: Maybe this is the reason behind why the coach put her as the manager. She is here to make us better.
Kevin: I don't like her one bit. There is something off about her.
Mark: All of you may be right, but don't forget that she helped us figure out things we have to improve on. She wouldn't do that if she was someone we should feel threatened by.
Steve: Mark's got a point there.
Mark: Alright guys back to training!