Part of the Team

Chapter 4

Location: Riverbank

Flashback

While the team was gone and off home, Stormi arrived in confusion. She deeply wanted them to be at the Riverbank to play soccer with her. Stormi decided to kick the ball around on her own and practice while she was already there. What she didn't know was that she was being watched by Coach Hillman. After a while he called her name, leaving her a bit frightened at the sudden voice. Stormi went up the hill to greet him and apologize for using their field since she was well aware that nobody trusted her and wanted her there at the moment.

Stormi: I'm so sorry for using your field. I was just in a bad state of mind because of some personal issues that the only thing I could think of is kicking the ball around for a while.
Coach: That's some impressive soccer you played there by yourself. I don't mind you playing on this field.
Stormi: Thank you. But, the team hates me and I don't know if I'll ever be able to gain their trust back after my previous actions.
Coach: It will take some time, but I trust you. I trusted you from the moment I first saw you lay eyes on a soccer ball.
Stormi: Coach...
Coach: I knew who you were and whos daughter you were. I've seen those eyes. Ray Dark used to view soccer a whole lot better, now he is using it for his gain in whatever evil twisted thing he got himself into.
Stormi: I can't allow him to destroy the game I love so much! I will not! Soccer is meant to be fun not a way to cause war.
Coach: You sounded just like Mark right there. Something he would say for sure. How would you like to join the team?
Stormi: Me? I- Would love to but, Mark, Kevin, Axel, and all the others hate me.
Coach: Trust will take time, but you all share something in common. Your love for soccer. Use that and protect our game.
Stormi: Yes coach! You must let Jude play with me as well. He saw his team's downfall in front of his own two eyes.
Coach: He already came to me hours ago, don't worry he will be fighting alongside all of you.

»Present Time«

Location: Riverbank

Kevin: Coach you can't do this! She is the daughter of Ray Dark and we have enough managers as it is!
Mark: Hold on there Kevin let the coach explain himself.
Coach: Thank you, Mark. Jude and Stormi are both extremely good players. They are both sharp on the field and their level of power in the shots can benefit this team.
Timmy: Wait did you just say both are extremely good players? Isn't Jude the only player here?
Celia: Yes, I thought my brother was the one playing with Raimon and Stormi being the manager.
Stormi: Jude is your brother? Man, I missed a chapter. You can tell me everything later Jude.
Mark: Stormi is a soccer player?
Coach: Yes Mark, and a very talented one indeed.
Kevin: Well I don't believe it until I see her play. Show us what you got shorty.
Silvia: Don't drain yourself before the next big game! Look here comes Nelly!
Nelly: The coach is telling the truth. Stormi is one of the best players out there and could put an end to Zeus Jr. High.
Kevin: Let's see how good she is!

Kevin attempts to perform Dragon Crash and At that moment Stormi steals the ball away from him. She ran across the field, almost invisible to other players. It was like an adrenaline rush that took over her body at the thought of playing soccer. Mark stood at the goal watching carefully to see what she will do. And, just like that Stormi took the ball up in the air twirling, grey/ black smoke appeared almost a frightful sight to some. She kicked the ball with full power, that Mark wasn't fast enough to perform any of his moves. The ball ripped the net and left a long trail behind it before coming to a stop. The team, managers and coach were utterly speechless.

Stormi's POV:

What is this feeling? Relief? I kicked the ball with such passion and emotion that like my father would say caused destruction. Everyone looked at me with confused and surprised looks. It felt good to let all that negative energy out. After a few seconds, I looked over to Mark to see if he was okay, and this silly boy did nothing but smile. He was happy? What are you playing at Mark? You could of been injured, but instead you want to see more and attempt to stop it. Silly, I can't deny that being around this team brings me joy, and those feelings I tried to bury for soccer started digging themself back up. Raimon Jr. you are something else. Kevin was pretty upset that I took the ball away from him, and I can still feel that they all don't fully trust me just yet. But those feeling will eventually change.

Axel: Nicely played there Stormi.
Stormi: I was just getting started.
Coach: Everyone back on the field and practice.
Everyone: Yes coach!
Nelly: Are you sure this is the best for Raimon?
Coach: I'm sure of it. Jude and Stormi will impact the team just as much as Mark does on an everyday basis.
Silvia: It will take time to get used to this, but we have to decide which two players will be removed from the team so we can fit Stormi and Jude.
Coach: Stormi will be used in the second half, But as for Jude he will be taking Timmy's place. But for Stormi she will take Todd's.

Stormi's POV:

Tod and Timmy had a little bit of a hard time when they found out that Jude and I will be taking their place. But, they're not really being kicked off the team. We will always need them. They will have to stand by in case some players get injured. After we played a few games, I tried not to go as hard on them. Jude and I came up with some new techniques and strategies we will follow in the upcoming game since we have seen Zeus play already. It gave us an idea of their kind of soccer. I'm ready to play them. I will show my father that the way he plays soccer is wrong. He will understand that love will always win over hatred. I will not be his minion anymore. Not today, not ever!

»I'm excited for them to play Zeus! Let me know what you guys think so far about the story!
Remember that the next chapter will be here soon ⚽️🤍 I love your angles «

-Tiny xx