Chapter Twelve

Sophie Heroine

"Hero, where are you going?" Xenon asks while following me. "Can I go with you?"

"Xen, why are you even following me? You should stay at the party and besides I don't know where to go." I reply, I want to be alone this time.

He grabs my hand. What he wants now? "I really can't understand you. Sometimes you're hot then you are cold." Well, he better understand my personality.

"Just to let you know, i'm not a fire nor ice. But okay, i'm sorry if i'm being that kind. It's just that, arghhh nevermind." I say. I can't tell him what's in my mind. We just know each other for 5 days, I think.

He pull me closer to him. "Is there something bugging you? You can tell me, you can trust me." He smiles at me.

l let out a heavy breathe. "No." I breath heavily again. I can't fucking tell him.

"Come on Sophie Hero no doubts." Xenon replies..

"Let's sit first." He adds and pull me to the nearest bench. We sit.

"Do I really have to tell you?" But I need to let this feeling out or else it'll always stay inside my heart and my mind.

"Okay this is it." I breath heavily again. "I don't know how to accept them in my life."

"Your mom and Tanya?" He asks.

I nod. "There's always a question in my mind that I can't answer."

"Why does she need to go back in our life? After 14 years of leaving us she came back. What is the reason why she leave? What is the reason why she come back? What is the reason that she chose Tanya? Why do I have to be with them?" Tears fall from my eyes. "Why?"

I start crying. "I can't carry it anymore. I wanna go back to my dad."

"It hurts everytime I see them. It's fine for me not to know my mom. I'm contented with only a dad watching me grow. If she love me, she didn't leave me. I grow up without a mom, I live my life without a mom, I learn everything without a mom, I woke up every morning without a mom and why did I woke up one morning that she's already there, knocking in my heart but I can't find the key to open it, I need more time to find that key." I stop talking and starts sobbing. My heart is breaking.

Why can't I easily open my heart for them? Am I that hard to forgive?

Xenon stands up and opens his shoulder wide. I just look at him don't know what to do.

"So you'll make me wait here forever?" He asks.

So I stand up and hug him while tears is still falling. He wrap his arms around me. "Don't worry Sophie, someday you'll find the key." We stay in that position for a few minutes.

He grabs his guitar. "Just sit there and listen to my fabulous voice."

He sits in the fence while i'm sitting in the bench.

He sings Here We Go by Sleeping With Sirens

"Here We Go"

So here we go You got one more chance to make it Better not lose control, before everyone forgets your name.

This will always be mine So much more then just a dream to me I will never be fine, with letting you ruin everything I will never fucking follow your lead Give up on you, so you can take it out on me I'm sorry that you had to watch your life come tumbling down.

He should know that he makes me feel better.

Now it's my time and I'm ready to go.

Here we go, we got one more chance to make it Better not lose control Before everyone forgets your name.

He wipes my tears off my face. "You're ugly when you are crying."

"Thank you." I reply and flash a smile.

"Here!" He hands me a light blue plain handkerchief.

"What am I gonna do with this?" I ask.

"Give that back to me if you already open your heart for them and for someone else. Message should be written on it using lipstick or anything else. Don't ever give that back to me if you can't open your heart." Xenon says. It's kinda weird but I accept it.

"Xenon thank you for being a pillow to me." I say to him.

"I can always be your fluffy pillow to hug and to lean on. I can be your teddy bear too."