Chapter Eight

A/N: DISCLAIMER!! I changed the name of Sophies ex boyfriend because I only now realized I actually have some bad memories with a boy names Lucas. So, her ex ist now called Luke!! I'm sorry for any confusion here hahah no idea why I didn't realize the name connection when I first named her ex.

'Oh that's an interesting topic', Sophie says.

I wish I could tell her to shut up right now. I feel like literally all eyes are on me but I don't look at any of them. Suddenly the grass under my shoes is way more interesting again.

Liz! God damn it, heads up!

The first face I see is Brads. He doesn't really stare. He looks – genuinely curious? Maybe I should just tell them that I'm a fan. No one here seems to care, do they? I feel like the worst thing that might happen is that they're gonna make a little fun of me.

I keep looking at Brad. His eyes are still on me and he gives me an encouraging nod.

Finally, I smile and lift my empty glass of wine. 'This was pretty good, I could go for another one.'

He understands right away.

'So you do like our music', he exclaims.

Connor and Tristan immediately start cheering.

'Like is clearly an understatement', Sophie adds and I hate her for a second.

Brad sends me a questioning look and I sigh. 'Okay, okay I admit it. I'm a fan.'

It's quiet for probably less than a second however it feels like an eternity to me. Then I notice the expression on Brad's face turning into a smirk. Oh here we go with the jokes.

'Oh really?', James asks.

I'm surprised.

No jokes.

They just ask me a bunch of questions. For how long I've been a fan, whether I've been to concerts before, my favorite song...

'Are you for real?', I ask laughing, when Tristan asks that.

'Of course, go on', he says.

'Well, it's definitely not come grind with me', I say which makes the boys erupt into laughter.

'For real through', Brad asks.

'For you and', I stop for a second. 'And part of me', I add a little quieter. I hate myself for that. Or more so I hate Luke for making me think of him by the mention of that song. It literally is one of my favorites and of all songs in the world that song makes me think of him and our break up.

'Oh for you huh? Nice one', Brad says.

I chuckle. 'I know you wrote that song Brad, don't flatter yourself.'

Elizabeth! What? Where did that come from?

Sophie squeezes my arm as she laughs.

'Burnnnn', Tris calls out and I immediately feel bad.

I shoot Brad an apologetic look but he shrugs it off. 'Shall we get you another glass of wine?', he asks and winks at me and I'm a bit taken aback. This just feels weird. Is he flirting?

No. Absolutely not.

I nod and follow him inside. Not without noticing the look Sophie gives me before I leave. What's that supposed to mean?

It's not as busy inside. Brad takes the glass from my hands and fills it up again.

'I have no idea what's just gotten into me to say that, I'm sorry', I start to ramble as I stare at the liquid coming from the bottle.