Chapter Nine

A/N: another chapter yayyyyy I'm really getting into the story now hahah

I get to go to rehearsals with Dean the next week. But we're not spending much time with the boys. We're literally in, taking a small video clip and a couple pictures and we're out again. We barely have time to catch up. Then Dean and I are back in the car going to the office. And honestly, I'm glad we didn't spend much time out of the office. There's so much to do. My to do list is overflowing and I know so are Sophie's, Joe's, Michael's and Ben's. We're all rotating. But tours only two weeks away and we've got a whole lot of preparation to do. I spend the next days in front of my laptop, editing videos and photo, writing captions, but most of the time I spend planning the fan videos. I need to get in contact with people so we start posting about the project on the band account. Soon enough the email account is flooded with mails from fans that want to participate and I have to select the ones that can. I'm now almost three weeks into my internship and I love the work I get to do, but this is really hard. I eventually get through it. But it still makes me feel really weird. Like I'm betraying the fans I'm not choosing. At the end of the day I'm a fan. Why did I get so lucky to get this internship? I literally did nothing to deserve this.

I close my laptop with a really bad feeling on Wednesday. Only three more days until tour starts. Another privilege I get to be apart of.

'Lizzy, don't forget we're not meeting here but at the brunch place tomorrow', Joe says as I pack my bag.

Oh he's such a gem.

I would have totally forgotten, if he hadn't mentioned it just now.

'Oh yeah sure. 11am right?'

He nods. I can tell from his face that the last two weeks have been just as stressful for him as they felt like for me. We all really need a day off before the craziness of tour starts on Saturday.

Although, technically the brunch tomorrow isn't for fun. We're meeting the vamps and the new hope club boys to discuss some last minute bits and mostly update them on everything we've been working on. It's way past our usual knocking-off time when Sophie and I leave the building.

'Honestly, I didn't think we'd get it all done before tomorrow. And we definitely wouldn't have if it wasn't for you', Sophie says as we get to her car. She doesn't live too far away from me so we've been picking each other up lately. Getting stuck in London's traffic is much more fun when you're with someone else. I get in the passenger's seat and Sophie starts the car.

'That's most definitely not true', I laugh. Why do they all keep exaggerating when it comes to me. 'I'm just an intern, you would have easily done it without me.'

Sophie puts her spotify on shuffle before she reverses out of the parking space.

'Well maybe we would have. But we wouldn't have been able to plan the fan project and that would be a shame. You did such a good job with that already, honestly.'

If I wasn't wearing make up I'm pretty sure she could be watching my cheeks turn a slide shade of pink right now. It's nice to be complimented on the work I've been doing these last two weeks. I really did try my best.
'Are you ready to pitch your ideas to the boys tomorrow?'

The small smile that's made it onto my lips immediately fades away. I hated the idea of pitching the project to the boys the second Joe suggested it. I really don't know why I'm supposed to do it. At the end of the day, the project was Joe's and Sophie's idea. It feels kinda wrong.

'I still think you should do it.'

Sophie shoots me a disapproving look. 'Not that again. I've told you, Joe and I had a rough idea of what we wanted the project to be like. You've turned it into something awesome. You came up with so many additional ideas and you've put it into operation. So, you get to tell the boys.'