Chapter Six

I was just minding my own business eating my dinner when I heard soft crying.

I looked around and frowned when I didn't see anyone. I padded over to the home studio door and paused, listening to whoever was crying. Their sobs echoed down the hallway, causing me to feel horrible for them.

I jumped and tried to pull the handle but the door was locked. I whined and scratched it with my paws, trying to get in. I heard a rustle of movement and the door was ripped open, a concerned Ariana on the other side.

She looked down at me and kneeled to my level, scratching my ears.

"You ok sweets?"

She looked horrible and tired. Her makeup had run and her hair was up in a messy bun. She seemed to be crying profusely, but sucked it up when I scratched the door.

I woofed sadly and pressed my head into her stomach. Ari smiled and hugged me, brushing my fur softly. She stood up and gently grabbed my collar, pulling me towards the living room.

She sat on the couch and pulled me into her lap. I snuggled into her warmth and sighed. Her fingers caressed in between my ears, making my leg bounce. She giggled at that and kissed my cheek.

"Sky, wanna know what stupid shit happened today?" She asked slowly.

I glanced up at her and nodded, licking my teeth.

Ariana took a deep breath, "You know about that stupid PR Stunt? Well Scooter pressed me so much that I have to go through with it, and I know Dalton understands, but I hate it so much."

I rolled my eyes and huffed, burying my face in her legs. I respected Scooter, but I didn't like how he treated Ari sometimes. He was forceful and rude, and didn't give a shit about the fact that I could rip his face off.

"He's coming over tomorrow, the rapper. I don't know his name, and honestly he isn't gonna touch me. We are gonna 'date' so he can get fame. He can use my name or whatever but I'm. Not. With. Him." Ariana hit each word harshly, popping the t in not.

I smiled and wagged my tail, knowing that she is standing up for herself and being a badass.

"I want you next to me at all times when he is around. Even if we are outside, I just want you near me." She looked at me with stern eyes and I panted happily.

She smiled and flipped me over, tickling my stomach. I barked and wriggled out of her grip, running around while she chased me. We ended up outside as she ran without shoes. I turned to look back at her and forgot that we owned a pool.

I lost my footing and fell into the cold water, sucking in my breath. I splashed around for a few seconds until I felt a hand grab my collar and drag me out. I collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. Ariana knelt down next to me, encouraging me to cough. I noticed an extra pair of feet and looked up. Dalton stood over me with wet hands and fearful eyes.

"Is she ok?" He asked frantically.

"She's gonna be. Cmon baby keep coughing, you're doing great." Ariana said while rubbing my back.

I retched out the water, clearing my lungs. I layed down, shivering, and whined.

"Oh poor thing. Let's get you inside and warm you up."

Ari helped me stand and walked with me inside. Dalton hurried past her and grabbed two blankets from the closet, running back and giving her one as I layed on her lap. She tucked herself in and kissed my head. Dalton cuddled up next to us and wrapped his arm over Arianas shoulder, pecking her cheek. He grabbed the remote and turned on Lion King.

Ari caressed my face, coaxing me to sleep. My eyes started to flutter and soon enough, I was deep in slumber.

This was requested by -sensitivity