Chapter 11

I yawned and stretched my legs while standing up from the leather car seat.

The day that family found me in the woods was the day I knew I was going home to my owner. I was in definite need of a bath due to the fact I was covered in mud and dust. My usually shiny black coat was now coated in dried, crusty dirt. We pulled up to a familiar large modern mansion and I excitedly wagged my tail. 

"Ready to be home?" David asked, opening the door for me.

I barked happily and hopped out, peering around. I was just about to run up to the front door when the garage opened and Ariana walked out with a hopeful look on her face. She soon spotted me and smiled like the world had just given her baby back.

"SKY!" She screamed, sprinting at me.

I ran just as fast to her and we tumbled to the ground, her laughing while I licked her face. She hugged me close and rubbed up and down my sides, making me feel at home. I nuzzled into her skin and relaxed in her grip.

"Thank you so much." Ari said, picking me up from the ground.

"It's nothing, just here to help." Sharon replied before her family drove off in their mini van. 

Ariana carried me back into the house and went straight for the bathroom. She gave me a nice, warm, bubbly bath and brushed my coat out nicely. She then gave me food and water to eat while she got herself ready for bed since it was 11:00 at night. Once I was finished I hopped into bed beside her and curled up into her side.

"Pretty girl, I missed you." She whispered, scratching my ears.

I sighed and wagged my tail, happy to be home.