Questioning

Here we are once again at the sheriffs department. I don't know if you could tell but this isn't any of our first times here. Never anything serious. Things like questioning and getting caught up in things we have no business getting caught up in, kind of like now. I'm sitting at Officer Rodriguez' desk waiting for him to return from calling calling home to come pick me up. Mr. Rodriguez has been a family friend ever since he and my dad graduated from the police academy together. They worked together here for about ten years, before my dad got sick. One of the few people still looking out for me.

On my right Kie was being questioned in the desk next to me. Giving about as vague details as I did. To my left I can see B through the window of the sheriff's office, on the other side of the station. Usually I can count on B being an exceptional liar like the rest of us, well except Pope, but his leg is bouncing faster with every passing moment and he can't even look her in the eye.

After a moment to staring I was able to catch his gaze. I was able to mouth out a "are you ok?" Before Perkins noticed me. Before he had the chance to respond, she walks over to the window and shuts the blinds completely blocking my view. "Great." I mumbled to my self gaining some odd glances as I slumped into my seat. As if on cue officer Rodriguez returns to his seat with a sigh of frustration, obviously ment for me.

"Ellianna-" He starts but I immediately cut him off.

"Please don't lecture me, I've already heard it a million times."

"Well maybe this time it will stick." He says more aggressive to let me know that he is serious. "Elle what are you doing? Assault and battery?"

"Ok that's a little much. We were having a tour of the lighthouse and B said something the the guide didn't like. The dude lives in a lighthouse! He's obviously a nut job."

"Well just be thankful that I was able to talk that nut job into charging just one of you." He says as he finished up what I'm guessing is the report he did on questioning me.

"John B?" I ask him surprised. I guess the 'my dad is missing' grace period has passed.

"Yeah, since he can't make bail sheriff is thinking about holding him." He quickly signs off the document and looks me dead in the eyes. "Elle, I'm not going to always be here to cover your ass. I don't want you to end up like your friend JJ, I need you to do better ok? You got it?"

Usually I take extreme offense when someone calls out my friends in negative light, but I'm already in enough trouble with out the back talk. Instead I looked down at my hands nodding. "Yeah, I got it. Can I go now?"

"Not by yourself. You need a guardian to take you home and no one is answering the phone at your house."

"I told you they are at work." I grumble.

"Well is there anyone else we can call?"

"You mean other than my dying father?" I say trying to crack a joke. To be honest it sounded a lot funnier in my head.

"Elle I'm serious." He responded narrowing his eyes at me. "Otherwise I'm gonna have to hold you till I can take you home." I let out a long sigh sitting back into my chair. The police station is not exactly where I wanna spend the rest of my afternoon. Suddenly the door swings open. I turn around to see Kie's dad storming in.

I turn back around smirking at Officer Rodriguez. "Does it have to be my guardian?"
-
In addition to taking me home with them me and Kie managed to convince her dad to make B's bail so he didn't have to spend the night in jail. But let me tell you, if he wasn't pissed before, he sure is now. "If you skip out on your bail and l lose my money, I'm gonna hunt you down and skin you." He threatened walking miles ahead of any of us to the car.