seven - a sleepover at steve's

Sadie

I felt an arm sneak up behind me and wrap itself around my waist. Looking up to my left, I saw Steve's eyes facing straight forward, with his dark black shades covering them. He must have felt my gaze because soon after he turned to face me, showing off his pearly whites. I smiled back, my eyes slightly squinting due to the movement.

We were all walking to Steve's car. I'm not sure what we were going to do next, but I guess we'll just figure that out on our way back to his house.

Joe turned around to face the rest of us as he started walking backwards.

"So what are we doing tonight ladies?"

"You guys can crash at my place tonight" Steve offered

"Alright then, that was easy," Sav said

"Yeah we'll watch movies and eat a bunch of junk food" Phil added

"Sadie, will you come?" Steve asked me, looking into my eyes. I was never about to pass up the opportunity, but the fact that he asked me individually made me feel special.

"Of course"

6:32 pm

Steve put the key in the lock of his house and turned the knob. All of us walked in, took off our shoes and hung our coats if we had any.

"What are we supposed to do with our swimsuits?" Rick questioned

After we went swimming, we did our best to somewhat dry our suits in the hand dryers that were in the bathrooms. It didn't really do a good job.

"I can throw them in the dryer?" I suggested

"Oh, thanks, Sadie!" Sav said

"Yeah thanks, those little knobs always confuse me" Joe added

I lightly chuckled at his statement. Part of me thinks he was just saying that cause he didn't feel like putting his clothes in the dryer himself. I don't mind though, it doesn't take long just to throw 'em in there and press a few buttons.

The five men handed me their swimsuits, all saying thank you. I used my one free hand to grab my bikini and put it on top of the pile.

"Where's your laundry room?" I asked Steve

"Down the hall and to your right"

"Okay, thanks!"

Following Steve's directions, I made my way over to the dryer. The machine looked very similar to the one I had at my house. I opened the dryer and threw our partly wet bathing suits in, turning on the machine.

I left the room, not before quickly washing my hands in the sink that was next to the washing machines. Once I returned to the main hall, I peeped my head through the entryway to the living room, which the kitchen was also right next to. The boys lazily threw themselves on the couch while Steve was rummaging through his fridge. I walked up to him to see what he was looking for, as soon as I did he turned around to face me.

"You thirsty, love?" He held out a water bottle, offering it to me.

"Just a little," I took the bottle out of his veiny hands.

"Thanks, Stevie" I smiled at him. As per usual, he smiled back.

"Of course, love."