eleven - under the stars

song: monday morning
fleetwood mac
play when indicated

Steve

9:34am

I had been up for a while now. Sadie surprisingly stayed on top of me in her sleep. I was keeping myself occupied by playing with her dark brown hair.

I accidentally tasted my own breath, my eyes shrunk in distaste. I almost got up in haste, but then I remembered I had my pretty girl on top of me. As I was contemplating whether or not I should get up my brush my teeth before Sadie wakes up - she made the decision for me.

Her eyes fluttered open, she rubbed her sore lids trying to adjust to the sunlight that was shining through her window and onto the bed.

"Goodmorning, my Love." I can tell that she was surprised that I was awake.

Sadie looked up at me.,

"Well shit Steve, how long have you been up?"

"Half an hour."

"What time is it?"

"Almost nine."

"Mm five more minutes" Sadie spoke

She scooted herself higher on me as her nose snuggled into my neck, trying to get comfortable.

"Oh, good morning by the way."

I lightly laughed and kissed her forehead.

The minutes quickly flew by and Sadie was out of bed, unfortunately, my arms reach as well.

"Are you hungry? I can make us breakfast."

"Sure but I wanna help"

"So chivalrous, Stephen." She teased

"Does that mean I can help?"

"You can help pick the music we listen to. I wanna do something for you for a change."

"You already do so much for me, Sadie."

"Like what?"

Being here. I thought to myself.

Sadie

Before I got breakfast started, I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. There's no way in hell Steve is going to catch me with morning breath.

Steve followed me into the bathroom. Stopping his movements every time I turned to look around at him. Catching on to his little game, I turned around quicker this time and caught him still moving.

"I win!" I gloated

"This isn't over" Steve tried to hide his smile

Light chuckles escaped my mouth as I entered my bathroom. I bent down at one of the drawers under my sink and pulled out a brand new toothbrush. It was even still in the packaging.

"I now finally have a use for this" I handed the toothbrush to Steve

He lightly grinned as he took it from my hand.

I then reached for my toothbrush that was sitting in a charcoal cup, squirting out whatever was left from my tube of toothpaste on top. I handed Steve the tube so he could do the same.

Once we finished brushing our teeth we headed to my kitchen.

"So whatcha in the mood for, Clark?"

"Using last names now are we?" Steve spoke as he hopped onto my countertop

"Only because I like yours,"

"Fair enough."

I turned around facing the pantry behind me. Opening its doors the first thing I saw was pancake mix. I grabbed it and shut the door with my hip - facing Steve again.