nine - you make me feel alive

Sadie

I was messing around on my guitar, trying to occupy my boring Sunday. I've been getting a lot of days off work lately. Business is slow at my Dad's guitar shop. I just hope it's a temporary thing. I don't want the shop to have to close down.

I put my guitar down to go to the living room. Hopefully watching some T.V. will get my mind off of things. I grabbed the remote of the table, right as I was about to turn it on, my phone rang.

Whenever I heard that sound I always hoped that it was from the same person, Steve. I swiftly made my way over to the wall phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Love, how are you?"

"I'm not doing too bad," I spoke, not wanting to worry Steve.

"That's good, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Are you free today?"

"Yes, I am. Why-"

"Get ready. I'm picking you up in twenty minutes."

The line cut off. I laughed as I put the phone back in its spot.

This whole situation is intriguing, but not shocking since it's coming from Steve. That man is full of surprises.

I already showered and did my hair today, but I was still in my pyjamas, so I needed to get changed. Walking to my closet, I was trying to visualize a good outfit. Since Steve conveniently gave me no context whatsoever as to where we were going, I had to play the guessing game.

After doing a little bit of thinking, I chose a red plaid mini skirt along with a black graphic t-shirt. I put on the outfit and tucked the shirt into the skirt. A few adjustments later and my outfit was practically complete. I threw on whatever silver rings I had laying on my dresser and made my way over to my front door. I decided just to wear my usual black high-top converse. Once I tied the laces I went back to my room, which had my full-length mirror, so I could make sure I looked good.

As I was straightening my skirt, I decided to take my polaroid camera with me too. I think it's about time Steve and I get some photos. I found a small black shoulder bag in my closet. I carefully placed my camera inside and my doorbell rang at the same time. I fixed my hair a little before I went to go answer it. I'm excited to see Steve again, we hadn't gotten the chance to hang out for a few days now, I miss the goof.

"Hi, Stevie." I smiled as I opened the door for him.

"Hello, Love. You look beautiful." Steve smiled back at me.

Steve was wearing dark blue jeans, a red shirt and a black leather jacket on top of it all. I never wanted to stop looking at him.

"Thank you. You look great too, Steve."

"Thank you, Love."

Steve held out his hand for me to take,

"Well come on, we don't have all day."

I took his hand as he led me to his car. I'm anxious to know what we could possibly be doing.

3:24

Steve and I have been driving for around fifteen minutes now. I've tried to get him to tell me where we were going but he wouldn't budge. Classic Steve.

He randomly stopped the car at what looked like a forest. A forest which I've surprisingly never been to before.

"Let's go." Steve smiled at me as he opened the car door and left.