four - lunch with the boys

Sadie

I stepped inside my house after my quick run to the grocery store. Today I finished my last bit of instant coffee so I had to stalk up.

I opened up my honey oak cabinet and placed the instant coffee in its usual spot. I then glanced up at the clock which read noon. "I have exactly one hour to get ready and meet them at the diner," I said out loud.

I made my way to the closet in my bedroom to try and pick out an appropriate outfit. This lunch wasn't anything fancy so I don't need to overdress, but I'm meeting his friends and I don't want to under-dress.

After 15 minutes of holding up a few shirts in the mirror to see which looked best. I decided on a white form-fitting t-shirt with some horizontal coloured stripes and light blue long baggy jeans.

Buttoning up the front of the jeans, I took one last look in my mirror before I went to do my makeup in my bathroom. I like the natural look, nothing too fancy and bold.

Trying not to stab my eye out, I curled my eyelashes and then applied a few coats of mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I then applied a little bit of blush on my cheeks. Afterwards, I put on a bit of light pink lip gloss. Lastly, I plucked a few loose hairs on my eyebrows just to tidy them up.

Opening my jewelry box that was near my sink. I chose a dainty gold necklace with a small heart charm to finish off the look. I reached for my hairbrush to re-brush my hair just to make it look as neat as possible.

I checked my wristwatch and it was now 12:33, I wanted to make sure I wasn't late so I decided to leave now. I swiftly slipped on my converse and I was out the door.

Steve

"Wait wait wait, which ones were her favourite?" Sav asked me

"Bringin On the Heartbreak, Mirror Mirror, Switch 625 and No No No"

"No Lady Strange? She could've done better" Joe added

"She liked all of them guys, I was the one who made her choose"

"Well if she likes them all then she must have a great taste in music," Phil said

My mates and I were on our way to the local diner to have lunch with Sadie. When I first met up with them today I was telling them all about her.

I think Joe, Sav and Rick have been to this diner a few times. Phil was from London so he hasn't been to this part of Sheffield a lot.

"Okay girls we're here," Rick said

"Would you be a dear and hold the door for us?" Joe spoke as he was pinching Rick's cheeks

"Of course ma'am" Rick teased

We all stepped inside the diner, it was a pretty snazzy place, not gonna lie. It seemed to be one of the only places in Sheffield with colour. There were classic black and white checkered flooring, the whole inside painted a light teal blue, and nice light pink seats within the booths and actual chairs, with silver decor.

We all scanned the diner for a place to sit.

"There's a nice table for six back there" Sav pointed his index finger towards the back of the diner.

All five of us walked over and took our seats. Leaving one empty for Sadie. Which was the one next to me of course.

I was seated at the right end of the table. I wanted Sadie to sit in the middle so she could talk to the guys easier. Next to her would be Sav, and across from him Rick, Joe then Phil.
Phil and I always sat across from each other. Sitting like that is the most efficient way to talk to someone and he is my best friend.