Chater 7

When I wake up the next day I am greeted by Genya. 

"Morning sleepy head." 

"Genya, you're here!" I can barely hide the relief in my voice. 

"Did you hear-" 

"Yes I did, and I have no idea what's going on. If the Darkling has plans he hid them well." I try to hide the disappointment on my face, but Genya can clearly see it. 

"Well, the good news is that the king has recovered a little bit, so he can take over again." 

"Well, at least that's something." 

"Now come here so I can make it seem like you had enough sleep last night." I walk over to the mirror and let Genya make me look presentable. After breakfast where everyone stares at the collar, I slip away to find Mal. I'm almost to where I agreed to meet him when I hear a voice behind me. 

"Going somewhere?" I turn and find the Darkling. 

"Just the library," I respond carefully to hide the fact I am going to see Mal. 

"You were never a good liar Alina" My breath catches in my throat. 

"Come here I want to show you something." I follow him and he leads me to the war room. As I walk in he closes the door. 

"You asked me what I am doing?" I nod. 

"Well let me show you." He walks up to the big map in the middle of the war room. 

"This is what Ravka looks like right now. I am planning not to destroy the fold but to weaponize it." As I watch he uses his darkness to make the fold seem to expand, and cover the borders. All the ports can still operate, but we have protection from Fjerda and Shu Han. 

"After we had secure protection, I would have you destroy the part of the Fold that is splitting Ravka in two." I stare at the map. That seems so easy. 

"Now you wanted to go to the library?" 

"Yeah." He opens the war room doors and I walk out, going to find Mal and let him know what I just saw.

So I am writing again and wow that was a lot of information. Thank you all for 6.2k reads, I did not expect to get very many reads at all. Thank you so much. Please check out my new story Story Stolen Moments. It is about a girl who finds out she has magic and is taken to a sanctuary/school to train her to reunite these two kingdoms into one. It's a lot like Shadow and Bone. I will post the first chapter on Saturday.

-Cami