funeral bell

It was an accident, an accident

     That is what Alik Petrov said to himself after he had killed his father, it was an accident really. Alik was only nine when he left home to be tested but he didn't want that, he didn't want to know if he was Grisha but it was necessary to know. Alik was pulled away from home, all he could see was his father, standing with crossed arms over his chest.

      Anger. Anger was the most aggressive feeling Alik could notice, he tried to pull his father to him but what had happened was something worse, he could feel his veins boiling while his father gasped for air and blood run down his nose and eyes. When his father's body hit the floor, everyone knew. Alik Petrov was a Heartrender.

      Alik didn't want to be a soldier, being in the second army helping people win the war while he killed the others, he didn't want that. He tried his best to keep his powers useless, hide in the shadows of that world but never in the shadow of someone.

      Alik left his "home" he left the world he was placed in, Ketterdam became his new safe home, even if it was the place where things happened. Being in Ketterdam opened Alik's eyes to a whole new world, a world where he had to learn how to protect himself, having to use his powers, learn how to stop just in time before he could kill someone.

     Kaz Brekker knew of his existence, asking for his presence to manipulate someone who could get him and his crew into the Fold was something he didn't quite comprehend yet. Alik wasn't sure about doing something like that, but when an amount of Kruge is set on the table, it meant freedom in a new world for him. He couldn't turn down an opportunity like this.

     Joining a gang was the least he could imagine he would do, he didn't imagine he would see old friends again during his return to the Fold, he didn't imagine he would be losing his breath with a sarcastic, witty sharpshooter. But Alik never imagined where his life would take him. How could he? Imagining himself being a group where their goal was to kidnap the one and only Sun Summoner, the one who could destroy the Fold and bring peace in their worlds? It sounds crazy, but there's no such thing as normal now.

Alik Petrov