2: Meeting

Wei Wuxian was shut off in his room, locked at that, because apparently everyone in Lotus Pier thought that if Wei Wuxian was set loose he would wreak havoc on the  first day of their guests' arrival and would disturb the work as he puts on his mischief cap. He can't blame them, he was planning to do so either way. But he couldn't but help feel betrayed when Jiang Yanli had patted his cheeks with her honey sweet voice apologizing as she gently pushed him into his room. Wei  Wuxian's lips were in the permanent pout since then. He was bored. He had nothing do within his rooms.  He had played with his sword, Suibian, but soon got tired of it. He flitted around his rooms, snooping around each nook and cranny he already knew of and hoped to find something new. When he had refamiliarized himself with his room, he walked around gathering up discarded robes and trinkets strewn across his room only to push into his wardrobe in a messy heap. Wei Wuxian sighs deeply after he gives up trying to entertain himself.

He dropped down on his window sill, feeling bad for himself. He thought of just climbing out of the window and run off into the town without anyone knowing, but he quickly dashed the idea as he thought of all the disappointed looks he'd get if he were to actually follow through. Wei Wuxian sighs deeply again, his eyes gazing over the water that surrounds the pavilions set around the sect area. Wei Wuxian just stared at the familiar looking pavilions and tries to think up ideas to stave off his boredom. Wei Wuxian was planning to experiment on a talisman when he caught something white from the corner of his eye. He turns his head and lands his eyes on a figure standing in one of the pavilions closest to Wei Wuxian's room. He was overjoyed when he recognized the figure to be Lan Wangji. He stared out into the horizon and just seemed to be enjoying the warm weather and cool breeze, though it was hard to read Lan Wangji's expression, Wei Wuxian could see the relaxed posture. Wei Wuxian shamelessly stares until the beauty of the horizon falls away as he just stared at the wind displacing those ink black hair and the white Lan forehead ribbon. Wei Wuxian almost wished he were there, just to admire the beauty of one of the 'Twin Jades of Lan'.

When Lan Wangji feels the prickle of a gaze he turns his head and locks his eyes with Wei Wuxian's grey ones. He grins when the young master looks at him, a questioning frown creasing his skin. Wei Wuxian yells, "Second young master Lan!" his voice carried over the still water. Lan Wangji looks at him waiting for the reason why he was being called for. Wei Wuxian continues to grin at him, and thinks of a subject he could use to get the Lan talking. He wasn't successful. Without thinking he yelled, "Do you like it here?" 

Lan Wangji realized Wei Wuxian was aiming for small talk, so he nodded politely and turned his back on the boy sitting on the window sill, clearly expressing his distaste to continue the conversation. Wei Wuxian stared at the broad back and pouts realizing Second Young Master Lan was not a fan of talking unnecessarily. He tries not to feel too disappointed at the fact that Lan Wangji was blatantly ignoring him. Wei Wuxian tries to call for his attention, but Lan Wangji continues to ignore him and stare ahead at the sunlit waters and waving lotus pods. Wei Wuxian gives up after a few tries. Instead he opts to just stare at Lan Wangji. He continues to look at the immaculate robes and the angular face. His gaze keeps returning to the amber eyes of Lan Wangji. Wei Wuxian is almost disappointed when a servant comes to call Lan Wangji away. He watches him go away until he's out of his range. Wei Wuxian sags against his window and continues to stare at the empty pavilion and surmises when he's be able to see the intriguing young master again. Wei Wuxian jumps when his door is opened and Jiang Yanli calls for him to join her for an early lunch. Wei Wuxian happily follows, glad to be out of his room.